It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearQuest Bridge (3.0.1.1) invalidating User Session

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Feb 17 '12, 8:18 a.m.
Hi,

I have just configured the ClearQuest Bridge into a C/ALM instance (3.0.1.1) following these instructions...http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.rcm.doc/topics/c_configuring_and_using_rcm.htm

Following the above instructions, I can only add Related Change Requests from the C/ALM side, i.e. I cannot add a Related Change Request from the CQ side - I receive a 403 error when I attempt to do this....adding the C/ALM server as a cross-communication server in the CQ server config resolves this issue, but is not in the documentation so I'm not sure if this was the correct path to follow. I can live with this issue however, as the more likely scenario for linking is our developers to link work items to the CQ ticket, and not the other way round.

The real issue is have is when C/ALM based work items (related change requests) are added as links to CQ tickets, viewing those links (even as hover popups) from the CQ web server invalids the CQ user session and forces the user to login to CQ again before continuing. The constant prompts for login have rendered CQ unusable for the customer at this point.

Some background on the environment:

C/ALM is installed in one server under one WAS instance. ClearQuest is installed on the same server but under a separate WAS instance....could this be a factor in the issue?

Either way, does anyone have any idea how this can be resolved? Any feedback at all would be much appreciated as above, the CQ server is currently unusable for the customer.....

Thanks,

Peter.........

2 answers

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Feb 17 '12, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Peter

The right documentation to follow to set up OSLC-based bridge integration between RTC and CQ is this one. It states clearly that you need to configure cross-server friends from both sides.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.rcm.doc/topics/t_configuring_cq_bridge.html

If you set up and configure the integration properly, you should be able to create/navigate links from either side. The problem with invalidating CQ session is an indicator that cross-server friend/OAuth is not done correctly.

The fact that your C/ALM server and your CQWeb server are hosted by two WAS profiles on the same machine is not an issue.

If you continue to have issues with the bridge, you should open PMR with IBM to get further help.

Thanks

Yuhong

Yuhong Yin

Development Manager
CC-RTC and CQ-RTC connectors and integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com

permanent link
Peter Cahill (311108) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:25 a.m.
Thanks for the response but I have already configured the cross-server communication on both sides.....

I think it IS an issue if both applications reside on the same server - they are only separated by port numbers - https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18932

Can you please confirm this is the root cause of my issue?

Thanks.....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.