It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Replacing jazz web header with a custom header

Chathura Herath (16) | asked Jul 09 '07, 9:11 p.m.
Hi,
I am trying to build the site for our project using the jazz web ui framework. I was wondering is there an extension mechanism to replace the jazz headers using a custom headers.
Thanks,
Chathura

2 answers

permanent link
Bill Higgins (24611) | answered Jul 11 '07, 10:58 a.m.
Hi Chathura, this is Bill Higgins. I lead the core web UI development on Jazz and will likely be the person to implement what you've suggested above.

Currently this capability does not exist, though we always assumed that at some point we'd provide an ability for extenders to 'brand' the web UI, e.g. to match the look and feel of their corporate Intranet portal.

The reason we haven't done this yet is because we didn't have anyone asking for it and we didn't want to guess at the requirements, so I'd actually ask you to provide some additional details on what you'd like to see.

I've opened Enhancement 27217 on the Jazz.net work item tracking system to cover web UI header branding. I'd ask you to please add a comment there on what you'd like to see your custom web UI header look like.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this comment.

permanent link
Chathura Herath (16) | answered Jul 11 '07, 3:28 p.m.
Hi Bill,
I ve updated the Enhancement request.
Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.