It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC z/OS questions

Frank Myers (292023) | asked Feb 15 '12, 9:56 p.m.
Hi,

I have a project I want to convert from SCLM on z/OS to using RTC for Source control and builds..

Being a cautious individual, I'd like to migrate in small steps. So I hope to Move the source into RTC control (first) and get that working before migrating over to an RTC controlled build.

I have a lot of build automation in place (measured in "person years" spent writing the automation) that assumes that the source resides in z/OS PDS datasets. To translate that into meaningful terms, I use the PDS member statistics to identify the last change date of any source module, so...

When I load a repository workspace (using the RTC ISPF Client) into a PDS based local workspace, are the PDS member statistics updated to match the correct "last changed date"s (from the Jazz server SCM database)? Or are the member "last changed date" all set to "todays date" (i.e. the date of the workspace load")?

Thanks in advance for any advise or answers you can provide.

With kindest regards,

Frank

One answer

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Feb 16 '12, 2:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank,

Members loaded into data sets on z/OS have their dates set to the timestamp of the file in the repository.

If you're working in the context of automation, you may also be interested to know that, aside from the ISPF client, there is also a zload CLI subcommand which can be used to load repository workspaces into data sets.

- John

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.