It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Communicating between a client plugin and server plugin?

Ernest Crvich (19211919) | asked Feb 13 '12, 6:32 p.m.
I have both client-side plugins (custom views, wizards, Preferences settings, etc.) and server-side plugins (work items, advisors, participants, etc.). Is there any way I can communicate (i.e., via a Java method call) more or less directly from my client plugin to some code in I have in the server plugin?

e.g., some work item advisors need to know about some of the data stored in Preferences.

3 answers

permanent link
Ernest Crvich (19211919) | answered Feb 15 '12, 8:52 p.m.
Thanks, Sam, I bookmarked those. I feel your pain as far as finding docs and such to assist with customizations...I've got lots of wiki and library articles bookmarked but most only scratch the surface.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 14 '12, 2:15 p.m.
I have done this, really not too difficult

see this topic
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64382#64382

and look at this one for defining parameters a the server to be accessed by a client

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19332&highlight=configurationproperty

sam

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 14 '12, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

unless you write some custom code you can't. That is why, I think, there are server and client advisors. If the operational behavior need information only the client has, it has to be deployed in the client. If that is not the case, it can be deployed in the server. The process configuration allows to fail if a client advisor is not installed.

In case of your preferences, I would rather have properties on the server that are used for a project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.