It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Team Concert and Rational Functional Tester

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Feb 09 '12, 11:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Jun 20 '12, 1:05 a.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)
I have RTC and RFT integrated in the same eclipse shell. I have created an RFT project. I want to share the project with Jazz Source Control. The option to do so, Team > Share Project is not available from the Functional Test perspective but is from the Java Perspective. I find that odd but not sure if that is intended or not. when doing so similarly with Performance Tester, the share option is available from the Performance Test perspective.

When I do share the project, I chose to share the logs project too. I would like advice from any RFT testers if this is advisable or not. In any case, both the tests and logs projects were put in Jazz Source Control. I unloaded the repo workspace then reloaded. The first oddity came in that the first option in the load wizard, that is, 'Find and lad Eclipse projects' finds nothing to load. However, if I select 'Load the root folders of the components as projects' it finds the tests and logs projects. The second oddity is that even though I selected both projects, they were both loaded on disk and are visible from the Java Perspective, only the test project is visible from the Functional Test perspective. The logs project doesn't show there. Is this expected behavior?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Feeney (30745745) | answered Feb 14 '12, 10:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have RTC and RFT integrated in the same eclipse shell. I have created an RFT project. I want to share the project with Jazz Source Control. The option to do so, Team > Share Project is not available from the Functional Test perspective but is from the Java Perspective.

It sounds like you haven't enabled RTC integration in your ivory.properties file. See Integrating > Rational Functional Tester integrations > Rational Functional Tester and Rational Team Concert > Rational Team Concert in the RFT help file. That will enable the Team context menu on projects in the Functional Tester perspective.

Yes, share the logs, especially if you're working from multiple computers.

ric

Thanks Eric. Editing the ivory.properties did enable it and I was able to perform SCM operations from the Functional Test perspective. Note I did share both the test project and the logs project, however, when reloading the repo workspace, the logs project shows in the Java perspective and on disk but not in the Functional Test perspective. I can also only get the projects loaded if I choose to load root folders as projects.

permanent link
Éric Hamel (3353) | answered Feb 10 '12, 11:21 p.m.
I have RTC and RFT integrated in the same eclipse shell. I have created an RFT project. I want to share the project with Jazz Source Control. The option to do so, Team > Share Project is not available from the Functional Test perspective but is from the Java Perspective.

It sounds like you haven't enabled RTC integration in your ivory.properties file. See Integrating > Rational Functional Tester integrations > Rational Functional Tester and Rational Team Concert > Rational Team Concert in the RFT help file. That will enable the Team context menu on projects in the Functional Tester perspective.

Yes, share the logs, especially if you're working from multiple computers.

ric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.