It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing Plan details in automated fashion.

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Feb 08 '12, 10:31 a.m.
Hi,

I've been tasked with exposing(*) certain types of RTC Plans (e.g. Release plan) to an external tool. The information that is desired would be things like the plan name, info about the progress. In addition, work items associated with the Plan would also have some exposure to this external tool. I've been doing work item activities via the "plain" client libraries, but have yet to discover any mechanism to help ferret out info regarding Plans.

I think I could query work items via their "Planned for" attribute, but that could be brute force w/o some help focusing on certain Plan types.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin

(*) Finding info and putting into a back-end database that the external application will use.

4 answers

permanent link
Boris Kuschel (331113) | answered Feb 08 '12, 3:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

The following information is available from the internal API and is subject to change at any moment and neither I nor IBM Rational support usage of it.

Having said that, you can get what you want in one of two ways (REST is the other, also internal) and as you are using the SDK, I can tell you that the service you are looking for is:

com.ibm.team.apt.internal.common.rcp.IIterationPlanService

which has a client side library
getClientLibrary(IIterationPlanClient.class)

com.ibm.team.apt.internal.client.IIterationPlanClient

Take a look at these interfaces.. they will probably give you the information you are looking for. Just to reiterate, these are internal (as indicated by the package name).

Boris

permanent link
Luiz Esmiralha (1611) | answered Feb 08 '12, 4:15 p.m.
Hi Kevin,

The following information is available from the internal API and is subject to change at any moment and neither I nor IBM Rational support usage of it.

Having said that, you can get what you want in one of two ways (REST is the other, also internal) and as you are using the SDK, I can tell you that the service you are looking for is:

Take a look at these interfaces.. they will probably give you the information you are looking for. Just to reiterate, these are internal (as indicated by the package name).

Boris

Hi Boris,

I have the same problem here and I can't use the plain Java client library. Can you give some direction on how to use the REST API to query plans?

permanent link
Boris Kuschel (331113) | answered Feb 09 '12, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luiz,

Those REST call are very internal and quite undocumented. You may see some references to them on the Wiki from time time. I What plan information do you need, in particular? Perhaps there are other alternatives.

Boris

Hi Kevin,

Boris

Hi Boris,

I have the same problem here and I can't use the plain Java client library. Can you give some direction on how to use the REST API to query plans?

permanent link
Luiz Esmiralha (1611) | answered Feb 09 '12, 12:47 p.m.
Hi Boris,

I need to display all the plans (current or not) associated to a project area and all the work items associated to the current iteration plan.

Thanks,
Luiz

Hi Luiz,

Those REST call are very internal and quite undocumented. You may see some references to them on the Wiki from time time. I What plan information do you need, in particular? Perhaps there are other alternatives.

Boris

Hi Kevin,

Boris

Hi Boris,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.