It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Making Description as Read only

Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | asked Feb 07 '12, 11:30 a.m.
Is it possible to make Description field in a Workitem as Read only on particular states ?

5 answers

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Feb 08 '12, 4:51 a.m.
Hi Milan,

I am aware of both the options but it doesn't meet our requirement of making Description as read only on particular states. Thanks for your help.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Feb 08 '12, 4:34 a.m.
Please let me know if you know how to do so. It would be great help.

Hi kushsingh,

I thought it is possible to set read-only option to specific work item attribute in specific state. I forgot that it is hide option that provide this.

here are the possibilities which you can do also:

1. You can hide specific attribute in specific workflow states:
Go to Process Configuration->Project Configuration->Configuration Data->Work Items->Editor Presentations, and double-click the attribute which you want to hide, unlock the session if needed, and you will see option: Hide in Workflow States:

2. You can prevent editing work item in specific state:
Go to Process Configuration->Team Configuration-Operation Behavior, find Work Item Section, then choose Preconditions and follow-up actions are configured for this operations, and in the list of preconditions, find Prevent Editing. You can choose which type of work item can not be edited in certain state.

Hope this helps,

permanent link
Kaushambi Singh (371310379) | answered Feb 08 '12, 4:13 a.m.
Please let me know if you know how to do so. It would be great help.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered Feb 07 '12, 3:57 p.m.
It's not currently possible to make any field readonly in a specific state. This work item exists to cover this functionality, and is currently planned for 4.0.

Note that there is a separate issue that prevents you from being able to make description and HTML fields readonly.

Is it possible to make Description field in a Workitem as Read only on particular states ?

As I can remember, there is a possibility in RTC 3.0 where you can choose for work item attributes in which states they will be read only. I will take a look tomorrow and let you know how to do it and on which way this is possible, but I am sure that there is a way.

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Feb 07 '12, 1:30 p.m.
It's not currently possible to make any field readonly in a specific state. This work item exists to cover this functionality, and is currently planned for 4.0.

Note that there is a separate issue that prevents you from being able to make description and HTML fields readonly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.