It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get around "No configuration UI available"

Gerry Cullen (4651) | asked Jan 27 '12, 5:58 p.m.
We are trying to convert from ClearQuest to RTC and are in the process of trying to rewrite our existing CQ perl validation hooks to be RTC java script validation hooks. The team member trying to do the conversion said that we needed to enable scripting on the RTC server based on the following steps:

To use scripts deployed as process attachments you need to enable this functionality:
- Go to administrative page of your RTC server https://your.server.name:9443/ccm/admin.
- Open the Server tab.
- From the left side-bar open Configuration > Advanced Properties
- In the Work Item Component find the Enable Process Attachment Scripts property and set its value to true.

We did this, but attempting the scripting resulted in the same error. In the project area's Process Configuration tab, in Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Attribute Customization, whenever he tries to create a script based customization, in the Configuration section he gets:
No configuration UI available. You may want to edit the configuration on the Process Configuration Source tab.

Can anyone tell us how to get past this error? Thanks!

6 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 31 '12, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gerry,

after saving the setting and verifying it is set, scripting should work. This flag is however totally unrelated from the Eclipse UI supporting the configuration. What version of the eclipse client and the server are you running? I think in RTC2 there was no UI but in 3.0.x there certainly should be UI support in Process configuration>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Work Items>Attribute Customizations.

You should be able to do the upload them etc. There should be 5 entries available to configure default values etc. However without setting the flag they will not run in the embedded engine on the client or server.

You should look at this page: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomizationExamples

If you have heavily customized ClearQuest the functionality provided today might not be sufficient to do what you did with the hooks. You might need custom server extensions. My general advice would be also to stay as close to the built in RTC capabilities as possible. It would also make sense to review the current process and look at areas that could be made leaner. The most successfull implementations I have seen have followed both angles.

This is however very dependent on your environment. Do you have consultants to review what you attempt?

permanent link
Catalin Bucsa (622) | answered Feb 01 '12, 5:31 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

After the change Gerry has made to the server configuration and extensive research, I was able to make Java Script based customization work, but only by manually modifying the Process Configuration Source.
I've upgraded though to the RTC client 3.0.1.2 and I've got the UI support for customization in place.

As a side note, do you happen to know if Sametime 8.5.x is supported in RTC 3.0.1.x? I've seen this question posted in lots of forums but I haven't seen any answer.

Thanks!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 01 '12, 6:07 a.m.
Hi Gerry,

strange, I have been able to work with scripting since some time. At least 3.0.1 had the UI.

Hi Ralph,

As a side note, do you happen to know if Sametime 8.5.x is supported in RTC 3.0.1.x? I've seen this question posted in lots of forums but I haven't seen any answer.

Thanks!

I haven't set up the integration since I am running so many versions of the client. I also use the Integrated Notes ST client. However, I couldn't find any hint which integrations are supported in the release notes. That information can be found in the client (when setting up the integration using the help link). I did not have time to install 3.0.1.2 so I suggest to check there. My client still says 7.5 and 8.0.x

You could also create a work item against RTC, Client or documentation to ask adding this information to the release notes.

3.0.1.2 is a service release, fixes can be found on the download page. So I guess no changes. However, since we use it internally I am wondering if it just works with the currently deployed ST.

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered Feb 08 '12, 10:21 a.m.
Steps to fix this probles:
- In the seccion Attributes, remove the Calculate Value from each Attribute
- Delete the Calculated Value
- In the tab Links, save the javascript file as another name (the file name has to be different)
- Delete the javascript file from Attachments
- In the Tab Process Configuration, define again the calculated Value
- Assign the new file (the renamed file) to Local File Path
- In the seccion Attributes, re-assign again the Calculate Value to each Attribute

The problem is a bug, if we keep the same file, the system (RTC) doesn't reload the link files, then we have to change the source file and then all will be rebuilded automatically.

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered Feb 16 '12, 4:09 a.m.
I finally have found the cause of the problem:
All javascript files (links) come together in a single temporary file com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest . IScriptProviderService

The classes are in alphabetical order. If you have a javascript with errors, none of the following classes are loaded, even if your code is correct.

Recommendation:
If you are creating a class, try to assign a name starting with the letter "a" with the purpose of occupy the first place the file.
Otherwise, if you are a member of a TeamArea, maybe a class created by someone doesn't allow your class is loaded correctly.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 16 '12, 5:17 a.m.
Thanks for sharing Boris.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.