It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation on RHEL6 issue

Robert Badere (1133) | asked Jan 26 '12, 1:27 p.m.
Has anyone successfully installed on RHEL6?

When I run the launchpad.sh it brings up the web page but the link "Jazz Team Server with Required Base Keys, " under "Install the Jazz Team Server and Applications" does not invoke the installation.

Other links on the page such as the "Interactive Installation Guide" under "Plan and Prepare" return successfully so I don't believe it is an issue with connecting to jazz.net.

Are there non-GUI installation instructions available?

5 answers

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 26 '12, 6:25 p.m.

When I run the launchpad.sh it brings up the web page but the link "Jazz Team Server with Required Base Keys, " under "Install the Jazz Team Server and Applications" does not invoke the installation.

Other links on the page such as the "Interactive Installation Guide" under "Plan and Prepare" return successfully so I don't believe it is an issue with connecting to jazz.net.

Hi, yes we have successfully installed DNG, but on RHEL 5 ( if thats different ? ).
There is no official doco, as far as we know, but we have done it thru our proxy connection and then authenticate thru Jazz - we will document it and post it here as soon as we have it together.

regards

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 26 '12, 11:39 p.m.

Hi, yes we have successfully installed DNG, but on RHEL 5 ( if thats different ? ).
There is no official doco, as far as we know, but we have done it thru our proxy connection and then authenticate thru Jazz - we will document it and post it here as soon as we have it together.

regards

We created the document, but we can not upload anything here, I believe.
I see whether the email button works - otherwise, please indicate if you still require the document and how to get it to you if interested.

cheers

permanent link
Robert Badere (1133) | answered Jan 27 '12, 5:44 p.m.
werner - i was able to install via command line. it was a bit of trial and error but i got the app up and running. if you have installation instructions please feel free to send the doc via the email button - it would be nice to see how someone else was able to get it successfully installed.

thanks so much for your response.

permanent link
Dano Currie (51109) | answered Feb 17 '12, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Folks,
I've got a CLM 3.0.1.1 VMWARE image for demo using WebSphere 7.0.0.19. It would seem that I could grab the DOORS-next WAR file and deploy it into WebSphere instead of TomCat.

Is it too early to try that?

I've got data in the RM database I created with RRC (actually exported/imported from DOORS to RRC). Would that appear in my DOORS next Rich Client?
Regards,
Dano

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered May 01 '12, 9:05 a.m.
Hi Dano,
sorry for the delay in replying - I missed this post.
There is no upgrade from CLM to DOORS Next Generation.

You _can_ deploy DNG in websphere (that is supported and should be documented on jazz.net) but you can't point it at your existing CLM database and expect it to work.

thanks,

-Dominic

Hi Folks,
I've got a CLM 3.0.1.1 VMWARE image for demo using WebSphere 7.0.0.19. It would seem that I could grab the DOORS-next WAR file and deploy it into WebSphere instead of TomCat.

Is it too early to try that?

I've got data in the RM database I created with RRC (actually exported/imported from DOORS to RRC). Would that appear in my DOORS next Rich Client?
Regards,
Dano

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.