It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC CSV Import Function

Sameer Raval (2621) | asked Jan 26 '12, 10:39 a.m.
I am receiving an error when I try to import a CSV file into RRC 3.0 using IE8. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

This is the text of the error that I am experiencing:

"The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported.

ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated (CSV) file was not imported.
Error: Permission Denied"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried some online suggestions like changing the file encoding to UTF-8 format, but had no luck with that.

11 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 26 '12, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am receiving an error when I try to import a CSV file into RRC 3.0 using IE8. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried some online suggestions like changing the file encoding to UTF-8 format, but had no luck with that.

Have you tried creating a test requirement, with the appropriately defined requirement type and attributes, in RRC, and from a saved filter exporting that requirement to a CSV file? I find this the easiest way to ensure that the csv and RRC expectations match. The Requirement ID column can be deleted as it is ignored on file import.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_csv_format.html

Also a permission problem can happen if you are trying import requirements into a project for which you are not an author but by creating the test requirement and saved filter this should prove you have the appropriate permissions.

permanent link
Sameer Raval (2621) | answered Jan 26 '12, 2:42 p.m.

Have you tried creating a test requirement, with the appropriately defined requirement type and attributes, in RRC, and from a saved filter exporting that requirement to a CSV file? I find this the easiest way to ensure that the csv and RRC expectations match. The Requirement ID column can be deleted as it is ignored on file import.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_csv_format.html

Also a permission problem can happen if you are trying import requirements into a project for which you are not an author but by creating the test requirement and saved filter this should prove you have the appropriate permissions.

Thanks for the suggestions! I created a saved filter, exported, deleted the requirement ID column, changed the text on the requirement itself in the CSV, and imported but did not have any luck on the import. Still getting the same error...

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Jan 26 '12, 3:31 p.m.
Hi,

The following error clearly indicates that you do not have permission, In order to import you should have CLM Professional/ RRC Analyst CAL assigned to your profile

Thanks for the suggestions! I created a saved filter, exported, deleted the requirement ID column, changed the text on the requirement itself in the CSV, and imported but did not have any luck on the import. Still getting the same error...

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 30 '12, 11:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Which version of RRC are you using, because there is technote:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21502324

Problem(Abstract)
When you are importing a comma-separated value (CSV) file, and you accidentally select a file that is not a CSV file, the error message that you receive when the file is submitted for importing does not adequately explain the failure.

* * Problem resolved in Rational Requirements Composer, Version 3.0.1.1

Symptom
Importing the file fails, and the user receives this message: "ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported." The details of this error differ depending on the browser. In Firefox, the details specify, "Error 400: Bad Request 'CRRRS4211E Required column is missing: Type, server can not proceed with the import operation.'" In Internet Explorer, the error details specify, "Error: Permission Denied."

permanent link
Alexander Trinidad (4111) | answered Feb 01 '12, 9:30 p.m.
Since this topic has been raised. I would also like to add a question to it.

I am trying to upload a CSV file encoded in UTF-8 using the format given from IBM http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_csv_format.html

Everytime I upload this file I encounter this error "ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported."

Here are the contents of the CSV file that I wanted to upload.

Type, Primary Text, Title, Description
Requirement, "Sample content for Functional Requirement 4", "Functional Requirement 4", "Sample Requirement Description"

I am using RRC 3.0.1.1 for additional reference.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Comments
Upendra Acharya commented Sep 22 '12, 6:12 a.m.

I am using RRC 4.0 and I also faced same issue. As suggested by Robin, I added requirement manually and exported it. Then I compared the format with my .csv file. I had to change the column "Type" to "Artifact Type" and then I imported the .csv file.This time it imported successfully. Here are my columns:

"Artifact Type","Primary Text","Title","Description" Artifact type should be exactly as defined in your attribute types.

Hope it helps you.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Feb 02 '12, 10:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Alexander,

Would you happen to be trying to import this CSV into a project that was migrated from RRC 2.x? There appears to be an issue for that scenario that is currently under investigation.

permanent link
Alexander Trinidad (4111) | answered Feb 02 '12, 6:35 p.m.
Alexander,

Would you happen to be trying to import this CSV into a project that was migrated from RRC 2.x? There appears to be an issue for that scenario that is currently under investigation.

No, actually I am using the sandbox provided by Jazz.net a test bed.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Feb 02 '12, 11:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See this topic. This has not yet been fixed on the Sandbox. Your CSV file imports fine in 3.0.1.1, the sandbox just does not allow uploading files currently.

permanent link
Alexander Trinidad (4111) | answered Feb 03 '12, 12:16 a.m.
See this topic. This has not yet been fixed on the Sandbox. Your CSV file imports fine in 3.0.1.1, the sandbox just does not allow uploading files currently.

Thanks for this information. I will really have to setup an environment then to be able to perform this type of operation.

permanent link
Akilah Jones (10654) | answered Feb 10 '12, 9:42 p.m.
I'm using version 3.0.1.2 and keep getting this error:

ID CRRRW7570E The comma-separated values (CSV) file was not imported.
TypeError: Object doesn't support this property or method

Initially, I received the "Permission Denied" error and finally figured out that it needs to be UTF-8 encoded. Which brings up another issue, the error messages are not very usual.

Anyway, any idea why I'm getting the error and how to resolve it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.