It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Advisor Deployment

Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | asked Jan 26 '12, 10:19 a.m.
Hi there,

i've developed the first version of a Custom Team Advisor and now i'm trying to publish on the test server: i used the article in the wiki https://jazz.net/library/article/495 to create and develop the Advisor but now i have to copy all the resource ( site.xml, etc ) on the directory server but the "jazz" dir under conf doesn't exists.....

Any idea ?

4 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 26 '12, 10:43 a.m.
you would deploy the advisor plugin under the CCM folder for release 3.0 and later

and then create a provision .ini file that points to the directory where u put the files and lists the name of the 'feature' being loaded.

Sam

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Jan 27 '12, 6:30 a.m.
you would deploy the advisor plugin under the CCM folder for release 3.0 and later

and then create a provision .ini file that points to the directory where u put the files and lists the name of the 'feature' being loaded.

Sam

Hi Sam,

thanks for your reply. I tried to deploy new custom advisor using ccm directory as you suggested but unfortunately the new plugin doesn't appear in the precondition list. I tried to reset jazz server too but not working.

Any idea ?

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 27 '12, 9:10 a.m.
I found u also have to use the client that matches the server, and stop and start the client. My eclipse client runs all the time as I do development, and I expected the list to refresh when I opened a project... not true.

did u check the server log to make sure that the provision path was correct?
and by reset, you mean forced plugin reload.. not just restarted server..

Sam

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Jan 27 '12, 9:27 a.m.
I found u also have to use the client that matches the server, and stop and start the client. My eclipse client runs all the time as I do development, and I expected the list to refresh when I opened a project... not true.

did u check the server log to make sure that the provision path was correct?
and by reset, you mean forced plugin reload.. not just restarted server..

Sam

sure i forced reload and after restart the server many times.
I checked log file ( ccm.log and others ) but no errors or warning are shown.
My client is 3.0.1 and now i restarted and i see the CustomAdvisor !!!!!

Thank you very much Sam !!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.