It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to set scm.exe language to English

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Jan 26 '12, 8:17 a.m.
hi,

My system setting is German and when i execute scm.exe i get the messages in deutsche.

How can i get the messages in english? For the jbe.exe giving parameter -nl en runs jbe in english. Are there any similar settings for scm.exe?

Thanks
Karthik

7 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 26 '12, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That should work for scm.exe too. They're both eclipse-based, headless clients, and it's eclipse that handles that arg. If that doesn't work, try:
-vmargs -Dosgi.nl=en_US
or
-vmargs -Duser.language=en_US

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 27 '12, 3:51 a.m.
-Dosgi.nl=en_US
worked perfectly

Thanks Nick

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 28 '12, 9:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
But -nl didn't work? That's odd -- I think all it does is set the osgi.nl property.
How are you launching the SCM CLI? Is it via the scm.exe executable, or batch file?

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 30 '12, 9:39 a.m.
But -nl didn't work? That's odd -- I think all it does is set the osgi.nl property.
How are you launching the SCM CLI? Is it via the scm.exe executable, or batch file?

-nl didnt work. I added the -Dosgi.nl=en_US to scm.ini file

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 30 '12, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you tried -nl, was that also in the scm.cli file, and if so was it before or after the -vmargs?

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 31 '12, 9:17 a.m.
When you tried -nl, was that also in the scm.cli file, and if so was it before or after the -vmargs?

it was the first argument. before the the -vmargs as I use the same for running JBE.exe

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 31 '12, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Strange, it works for me when using the batch script:
$ ./scm.sh -nl fr

Syntaxe : scm [options] [subcmd]
subcmd - Nom de la sous-commande excuter

Options :
--config arg - Spcifiez l'emplacement du rpertoire de configuration.
--no-mask - Empchez l'invite de saisie de mot de passe de masquer le mot de passe de l'utilisateur.
--non-interactive - Empcher le client de demander des informations.
-a [--show-alias] arg - Spcifiez o les alias doivent s'afficher : "y"/"yes" ou "n"/"no"
-h [--help] - Afficher ce message.
-n [--dry-run] - Empcher le client de modifier des ressources sur le disque ou dans le systme de fichiers.
-u [--show-uuid] arg - Spcifiez o les identificateurs uniques universels doivent s'afficher : "y"/"yes" ou"n"/"no"
-v [--version] - Afficher le numro de version et quitter.

I can't test the executable right now (using Mac for dev), but there should be no difference as the handling of this arg is in the Java code.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.