It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add Tooltips

Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | asked Jan 25 '12, 7:23 a.m.
Hi there,

i wish to add tooltips on the web ui for work items but i don't know how to configure single elements for tootips. I have to develop some code or i can use some options without coding ?

Thanks

8 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 28 '12, 9:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The resolution of resolved/fixed combined with planned for: 3.5 M3 means that it's in 4.0. We started off calling the next release 3.5, but then it got renumbered to 4.0, after 3.5 M3. If you want to try it out, you can grab 3.5 M3 or a later milestone build from: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/

You might want to hold off for a few days though -- we're just about to post 4.0 M7.

permanent link
derry davis (23221916) | answered Jan 27 '12, 8:38 a.m.
hi derry

thank you for your reply. But i can't understand if the bug resolution will be available in other releases ( e.g.: 3.0.1.1 ) or if i have to patch.

It appears to be in the 3.5 m3 milestone. Agreed with you, it's not clear if it is or will be in a release (prior to official 3.5/4.0 release). I don't see it listed in either the 3.0.1.1 or 3.0.1.2 list of fixes. Try posting to the WI to get further details. Hope this helps.
Derry

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Jan 27 '12, 7:45 a.m.
hi derry

thank you for your reply. But i can't understand if the bug resolution will be available in other releases ( e.g.: 3.0.1.1 ) or if i have to patch.

permanent link
derry davis (23221916) | answered Jan 26 '12, 10:15 a.m.
Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Which tooltip exactly are you talking about, and how do you want it changed?

sure, i try to explain:

i have RTC web UI with custom fields on. I need to put simply the (classic) tooltip on every field when i hover on the field ( so suggestion for the field can be shown eg.: in HTML the attribute to do this is the title="The creaton date of ...." ).

Check out work item 154620

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Jan 26 '12, 8:07 a.m.
Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Which tooltip exactly are you talking about, and how do you want it changed?

sure, i try to explain:

i have RTC web UI with custom fields on. I need to put simply the (classic) tooltip on every field when i hover on the field ( so suggestion for the field can be shown eg.: in HTML the attribute to do this is the title="The creaton date of ...." ).

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 25 '12, 11:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Antonio Bonanni (1111717) | answered Jan 25 '12, 11:05 a.m.
The 'extra details' hover uses the editor presentation for the work item type to determine which attributes to show. This can be configured in the process specification section: Configuration Data / Work Items / Editor Presentations.

For the initial (few details) hover, I'm not sure if that can be customized. From what I can tell, it appears to be hard-wired.

so if i need only the tooltips customized i have to write a lot of code ?
I think it's not so simple for a secondary function......

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 25 '12, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 'extra details' hover uses the editor presentation for the work item type to determine which attributes to show. This can be configured in the process specification section: Configuration Data / Work Items / Editor Presentations.

For the initial (few details) hover, I'm not sure if that can be customized. From what I can tell, it appears to be hard-wired.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.