It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

editing attributes

werner kolze (3146) | asked Jan 23 '12, 12:41 a.m.
I can create attribute types and attributes, of the newly created type - I can show the attribute in a filter, but can not edit the attribute. I am logged in as a user with all rights, but can not find which button/ which feature to use, or have missed to enable me to edit the attribute.

:oops:

any suggestions?

thank you

7 answers

permanent link
Sandy Flexen (811) | answered Jan 23 '12, 6:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the web client, can you open an artifact, which contains the attributes to be edited, and press the Edit button on the top right of the page? This should make the values of the attributes shown on the right hand pane editable.

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 23 '12, 7:05 p.m.
In the web client, can you open an artifact, which contains the attributes to be edited, and press the Edit button on the top right of the page? This should make the values of the attributes shown on the right hand pane editable.

Yes, I can see and press the Edit button, but still I could not and can not edit the attribute value - any attribute, existing or created by myself or others. I did log on with different accounts as well, but still to no avail.

The other note in this regard I wanted to make was that I could only "see" newly created attributes after I logged out and then re-logged back in again. I put that down as a user error (me) for now - until I worked out that this should not happen, even in this Beta.

thank you

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 23 '12, 7:47 p.m.

Yes, I can see and press the Edit button, but still I could not and can not edit the attribute value - any attribute, existing or created by myself or others. I did log on with different accounts as well, but still to no avail.

The other note in this regard I wanted to make was that I could only "see" newly created attributes after I logged out and then re-logged back in again. I put that down as a user error (me) for now - until I worked out that this should not happen, even in this Beta.

thank you

By the way - is there a way determining the access right to each attribute and attribute type? That would help determine whether the user 'can' edit any of the attributes.

thanks in advance

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 24 '12, 12:46 a.m.

thank you

By the way - is there a way determining the access right to each attribute and attribute type? That would help determine whether the user 'can' edit any of the attributes.

thanks in advance

hello all - I found the 'missing link'
Once in the project area
from the top right hand toolmenu select from the 'Administration' tab
' Manage Project Properties '
then select
' Artifact Types '
- choose the artifact type where you want to add the attribute to then

'add attribute(s) ' to the artifact type

it still would not allow me to edit the attribute straight away -

I had to re-login, then it worked

I can now edit the attributes

Still wondering though, as to whether there is an access tab, or similar, to work out whether a user does have certain access rights to attributes and types.

hope this helps
Werner

permanent link
Sandy Flexen (811) | answered Jan 24 '12, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That level of access control is not possible (yet). Permissions are determined in 3 unconnected ways at present and would require reference to their descriptions to find the required level. They are accessed from the 'Manage Users' section and from the 'Manage Project Areas' section of the Jazz Server Administration page.

Through 'Manage Users', a user can be given 'Repository Permissions' and 'Client Access Licenses'. These determine a user's capability server-wide and can be used to give a user read-only access to attribute values.

Through 'Manage Project Areas', a user can be given 'Roles' for a particular (e.g. Requirements Management) Project Area. The roles can determine the user's ability to manage the project properties.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 24 '12, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Once you get this to work, I suggest you not spend a lot pf time on security settings when working with Beta 1. This is an area of active development, and I expect to see it significantly more developed in Beta 2.

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Jan 26 '12, 6:03 p.m.
Once you get this to work, I suggest you not spend a lot pf time on security settings when working with Beta 1. This is an area of active development, and I expect to see it significantly more developed in Beta 2.

thank you, for all your replies.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.