It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting archived project areas

Andrés Rodríguez (1826) | asked Jan 20 '12, 6:34 p.m.
Hi

I am working with RRC 3.0.1. Does anyone know how can I delete archived project areas that are no longer needed in my repository?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andrs

5 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 22 '12, 9:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andrs,

While I'm not certain it's possible to delete archived project areas, I do know that you can permanently delete the resources (artifacts) associated with an archived project area.

Please take a look at the following documentation and let me know if you have any further questions: -deleteJFSResources

permanent link
Andrés Rodríguez (1826) | answered Jan 31 '12, 12:14 a.m.
Hi Stef

Thanks for sharing this link. It has been really helpful. As part of the development team maybe you know, what is the reason RRC doesn't have a Delete button for project areas?

Anyway, now I know I can get rid of archived artifacts.

Andrs

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 31 '12, 9:59 a.m.
As part of the development team maybe you know, what is the reason RRC doesn't have a Delete button for project areas?

Just to clarify...
- Are you looking for a way to "archive" project areas in RRC 3.x, or
- Are you looking for a way to delete an archived project area similar to the way you can use -deleteJFSResources to permanently delete archived resources

If it's the first question, partly because we are now a web-based only client, project management is handled through the jazz administration pages, so that's where you would go to archive projects rather than something directly in the RRC web ui.

If you're asking about the 2nd question, I don't have an answer for you. Database management and the repotools are handled by Jazz Foundation upon which RRC is built. If this is the question you are interested in, let me know and I can see if I can get you an answer.

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (12656) | answered Feb 21 '12, 4:54 p.m.
I am interested in option 2.

A. We have some test projects created to see what the differences are between templates. These need to completely go away, not just archive.

B. In the documentation for migrating ReqPro repositories, it says to delete projects with the same name as ReqPro database if existing project exists.

C If we set a project up with wrong settings, we need to delete bad project and create new with correct templates, etc.

Thomas

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Feb 21 '12, 8:12 p.m.
Hi Thomas,

I am not aware of a method by which a project area can be completely removed from the database. As project areas are a Jazz Foundation construct common across RRC, RQM and RTC, you might try asking the question in the Jazz Foundation forum: https://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.