It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is -data supported in JBE.exe

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Jan 13 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hello all,

When i run jbe.exe /? I get the following

Required arguments:

-repository <repository> (address of a Jazz repository)
One of the following:
1. -userId <user> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile
<password>)
2. -certificateFile <certificate> (the file containing the user's login certificate) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
3. -smartCard (tells JBE to use the connected smart card for authentication) AND -userId <user>

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-repositories <repositories> (path to file containing info about one or more repositories and their crede
ntials)
-passwordFile <password> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

For additional information about the Jazz Build Engine and its arguments (e.g. -createPasswordFile) please see the re
adme.txt located in the "buildsystem" directory.

In the above I do not see -DATA parameter

Is this parameter supported? I think this parameter is required when 2 build engines are configured for one build definition

We use RTC 3.0.1

Thanks,
Karthik Krishnan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 13 '12, 5:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We don't recommend running multiple JBE instances on the same machine, but it is possible. The -data arg must be used to ensure the Eclipse workspaces do not conflict. Note that these are mainly used just for metadata -- they're not the load directory for your source workspace. You also need to ensure that the builds won't conflict with each other.

For example, if engine1 and engine2 both support a build definition whose load directory is /loaddir, then it's possible for two concurrent builds to stomp on each other.

More info at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#MultipleJBEs
Karthik Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 18 '12, 3:37 a.m. | edited May 16 '13, 4:22 a.m.
We don't recommend running multiple JBE instances on the same machine, but it is possible. The -data arg must be used to ensure the Eclipse workspaces do not conflict. Note that these are mainly used just for metadata -- they're not the load directory for your source workspace. You also need to ensure that the builds won't conflict with each other.

For example, if engine1 and engine2 both support a build definition whose load directory is /loaddir, then it's possible for two concurrent builds to stomp on each other.

More info at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#MultipleJBEs

Thanks Nick for your reply

3 other answers

permanent link
Glenn Herbert (12667) | answered Jan 13 '12, 11:47 a.m.

I've been successfully using the -data parameter with v3.0.1 although it's not in the documentation.

Thanks any idea how I can use that parameter?

-data /path/to/writeable/dir

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 13 '12, 10:25 a.m.

I've been successfully using the -data parameter with v3.0.1 although it's not in the documentation.

Thanks any idea how I can use that parameter?

permanent link
Glenn Herbert (12667) | answered Jan 13 '12, 9:43 a.m.

<snipped>
In the above I do not see -DATA parameter

Is this parameter supported? I think this parameter is required when 2 build engines are configured for one build definition

We use RTC 3.0.1

Thanks,
Karthik Krishnan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.