It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is -data supported in JBE.exe

Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | asked Jan 13 '12, 9:41 a.m.
Hello all,

When i run jbe.exe /? I get the following

Required arguments:

-repository <repository> (address of a Jazz repository)
One of the following:
1. -userId <user> (user id of a user defined in the Jazz repository) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile
<password>)
2. -certificateFile <certificate> (the file containing the user's login certificate) AND (-pass <user> or -passwordFile <password>)
3. -smartCard (tells JBE to use the connected smart card for authentication) AND -userId <user>

Optional arguments:
-engineId <engine> (engine id of a build engine defined in the Jazz repository, default is "default")
-repositories <repositories> (path to file containing info about one or more repositories and their crede
ntials)
-passwordFile <password> (path to a file created with -createPasswordFile)
-sleepTime <seconds> (sleep interval for build request polling, default is 30 seconds)
-verbose (for detailed logging of build engine activity)

For additional information about the Jazz Build Engine and its arguments (e.g. -createPasswordFile) please see the re
adme.txt located in the "buildsystem" directory.

In the above I do not see -DATA parameter

Is this parameter supported? I think this parameter is required when 2 build engines are configured for one build definition

We use RTC 3.0.1

Thanks,
Karthik Krishnan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 13 '12, 5:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We don't recommend running multiple JBE instances on the same machine, but it is possible. The -data arg must be used to ensure the Eclipse workspaces do not conflict. Note that these are mainly used just for metadata -- they're not the load directory for your source workspace. You also need to ensure that the builds won't conflict with each other.

For example, if engine1 and engine2 both support a build definition whose load directory is /loaddir, then it's possible for two concurrent builds to stomp on each other.

More info at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#MultipleJBEs
Karthik Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Jan 18 '12, 3:37 a.m. | edited May 16 '13, 4:22 a.m.
We don't recommend running multiple JBE instances on the same machine, but it is possible. The -data arg must be used to ensure the Eclipse workspaces do not conflict. Note that these are mainly used just for metadata -- they're not the load directory for your source workspace. You also need to ensure that the builds won't conflict with each other.

For example, if engine1 and engine2 both support a build definition whose load directory is /loaddir, then it's possible for two concurrent builds to stomp on each other.

More info at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#MultipleJBEs

Thanks Nick for your reply

3 other answers

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 13 '12, 10:25 a.m.

I've been successfully using the -data parameter with v3.0.1 although it's not in the documentation.

Thanks any idea how I can use that parameter?

permanent link
Glenn Herbert (12667) | answered Jan 13 '12, 9:43 a.m.

<snipped>
In the above I do not see -DATA parameter

Is this parameter supported? I think this parameter is required when 2 build engines are configured for one build definition

We use RTC 3.0.1

Thanks,
Karthik Krishnan

I've been successfully using the -data parameter with v3.0.1 although it's not in the documentation.

permanent link
Glenn Herbert (12667) | answered Jan 13 '12, 11:47 a.m.

Thanks any idea how I can use that parameter?

-data /path/to/writeable/dir

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.