It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Execution Variables with Command Line Adapter

pietro marella (953130) | asked Jan 12 '12, 11:01 a.m.
Does anybody ever used the "Execution Variables" associated with the Command Line Adapter?
I've read that "in the case of CLA they get passed to your script as environment variables, not script arguments".

Is there any special action I should take to have them working?
I've basically defined some Execution variables contextually with a Command Line Adapter's Test Script type, and I was expecting to be able to use them in my script command (a .bat file) - But they looks to be not set.

I'm working on a Windows 2008, RQM 3.0.1.1

Any help/suggestion is very appreciated

thanks in advance

3 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jan 12 '12, 2:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pietro,
See the section "Using execution variables with command-line scripts" in the document http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_execvar_overview.html

There are two ways to get at execution variables:
1) environment variables
2) through a properties file on the test adapter machine

Hope that helps.

permanent link
Robert Stephenson (81128) | answered Jan 19 '12, 5:06 p.m.
Hi Pietro,
See the section "Using execution variables with command-line scripts" in the document http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_execvar_overview.html

There are two ways to get at execution variables:
1) environment variables
2) through a properties file on the test adapter machine

Hope that helps.

As listed in the docs
"The names of these environment variables begin with qm_ to distinguish them from other environment variables."

As a practice I use in my .sh scripts, I record the variables/values in the script by using this:
echo RQM variables:
set | grep qm_
the output generates a list of the variables/values in the .out file attached to my result. This is a handy way to see what is being passed (it also helps when you have a typo - like I have done...)

You could do similar in Windows but will need a "grep" style command added.

rns

permanent link
pietro marella (953130) | answered Jan 20 '12, 3:19 a.m.
Thanks both for your reply

*piero

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.