It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is this a bug in the Editor Presentations for Defects?

John O'Connor (622) | asked Jan 11 '12, 12:16 p.m.
Hi,

I was adding 2 fields for a defect. They were automatically slotted into the custom tab. So I assumed that Editor Presentations was the right place to go to move them into the overview tab.

However in the drop down field "Choose the Editor Presentation to edit" there is no entry for defect. All other work item types seem to be there. So I assume this is a bug - kind of ironic that it happens in Defect.

All the best,

John

One answer

permanent link
Andrew Stevens (1482529) | answered Jan 12 '12, 12:47 p.m.
I was adding 2 fields for a defect. They were automatically slotted into the custom tab. So I assumed that Editor Presentations was the right place to go to move them into the overview tab.

However in the drop down field "Choose the Editor Presentation to edit" there is no entry for defect. All other work item types seem to be there. So I assume this is a bug - kind of ironic that it happens in Defect.

If you look at the Defect work item type in Types and Attributes, you should see a dropdown for the Work Item Editor (and a few other editor types too). That should tell you which it's using, my guess would be com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default perhaps?

Andy.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.