It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add several licenses to new accounts by nightly sync?

Markus Holzinger (51175) | asked Jan 06 '12, 7:04 a.m.
The nightly sync added the new users/accounts from LDAP to CLM/RTC 3.0.1.
That works fine, but it's necessary that these new accounts get also one RTC AND one RRC license at this time.
For an Enterprise Solution it's not feasible to do this manually.

I tried to select the default licenses with the WebUI:
Server Administration -- Server -- License Key Management -- Default Client Access License Key -- Edit -- Pull down menu "Please choose a default license key"
and also by configuring the teamserver.properties file directly.
But this works for *one* license only!

I would be glad if someone can tell me how to support new accounts with several licenses automatically.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 10 '12, 3:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that although there is a license that gives the user access to all functionality (the "CLM Professional" license), there are still cases where for cost reasons, you give a user more than one license (such as both a Developer and a Quality Professional license).

Cheers,
Geoff

Oh, oh, I have just forgotten that the license model has been changed since release 3.0.1!

Client access license management overview
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_license_mgmt_over.html

Therefore there is no need to assign several licenses to one account.

permanent link
Markus Holzinger (51175) | answered Jan 10 '12, 4:51 a.m.
Oh, oh, I have just forgotten that the license model has been changed since release 3.0.1!

Client access license management overview
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_license_mgmt_over.html

Therefore there is no need to assign several licenses to one account.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.