It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RationalBuildForgeConnector May Not Be Running

Kirk Vogen (12711418) | asked Jan 04 '12, 6:27 p.m.
I'm experimenting with RTC 2.0.0.2 and Build Forge 7.1.2.2 integration. I've installed the server plugin and client plugin. In the client, I'm getting this warning for the RationalBuildForgeConnector build engine:

The build engine process may not be running.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm familiar with JBE builds and the starting of the JBE process. For the Build Forge build engine, is there also a process that needs starting? I've read the troubleshooting documentation in the wiki (see link below), but there didn't appear to be any troubleshooting information for this issue.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RationalBuildForge/IntegrationWithRTC#Troubleshooting_the_Integration

3 answers

permanent link
Kirk Vogen (12711418) | answered Jan 05 '12, 10:55 a.m.
I made some headway. The user ID used for the two RTC Build Forge services was incorrect. It was using the default value of ADMIN. I believe we have that user disabled. I updated it to use our build user that has the Build System Client Access License. Now, a build requested in RTC is starting.

We still don't have the job starting on the Build Forge side. The buildforge_service.log has authentication errors in it. So, we probably just need to correct some user ID/password settings to resolve that issue.

permanent link
Kirk Vogen (12711418) | answered Jan 05 '12, 11:33 a.m.
More progress. The Build Forge user specified in Build Forge tab of the RTC build definition did not have proper Build Forge access groups assigned to it. Once that was corrected, a build could be requested in RTC. It would then start and complete succesfully in Build Forge.

Unfortunately, the build request in RTC is not being completed. I need to figure out why.

permanent link
Kirk Vogen (12711418) | answered Jan 05 '12, 3:25 p.m.
We resolved the issue. We think it was due to the fact that we had two RTC build definitions using the Build Forge build engine. They were each using the same host name, but different user IDs. Per this documentation below, they recommend against using the same user ID while specifying the same host name (where one is fully-qualified and the other isn't). We guessed that using different user IDs with the same hostname might cause a similar problem.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RationalBuildForge/IntegrationWithRTC#Build_definition_configuration_p

Then again, that may have had nothing to do with resolving the issue. We also restarted RTC which might have re-initialized things back to a working state.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.