It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with two new attribute fields

pietro minucci (111) | asked Jan 03 '12, 8:50 a.m.
Hi all,

I have a problem with a work-item type created by me.
In this work-item I created two Attributes: the 'Impact Assessment' and the 'Comments'. They are defined as large HTML type and no layout slot.
Sometime I'm not able to see the content of these sections. These sections is filled with some information that I can see through the pop-up.
However, if I open the work-item and I go to the mentioned section, it seems empty. This problem occurs only sometime ans only with these two attributes; some other time I can see the content without any problem.

Can anyone tell me if my configuration is right ?

Thanks in advance !
Pietro Minucci

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Feb 02 '12, 5:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had a situation where some enumeration attributes did not display a current value or any choices in the drop down list. This occurred only on the web client, and the problem was intermittent: sometimes the fields would be populated, sometimes they would be blank.
In this case, the attributes were assigned to a section in the "Discussion" layout slot. Moving the section to the "Details" layout slot solved the problem. Make sure you check the presentation in all clients after making any changes.
I don't have a clue as to why, but it worked for us.

Hi all,

In this work-item I created two Attributes: the 'Impact Assessment' and the 'Comments'. They are defined as large HTML type and no layout slot.
Sometime I'm not able to see the content of these sections. These sections is filled with some information that I can see through the pop-up.
However, if I open the work-item and I go to the mentioned section, it seems empty. This problem occurs only sometime ans only with these two attributes; some other time I can see the content without any problem.

Thanks in advance !
Pietro Minucci

Hi Pietro - that sounds strange - could it be that some of the editors have not been updated correctly ? Eg that the fields only show up in certain clients or in certain states ? Notice that the editors are often inherited from other workitem types.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 06 '12, 8:34 p.m.
Hi all,

Thanks in advance !
Pietro Minucci

Hi Pietro - that sounds strange - could it be that some of the editors have not been updated correctly ? Eg that the fields only show up in certain clients or in certain states ? Notice that the editors are often inherited from other workitem types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.