It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Working with Work Items programmatically/from CLI

Jake Nowosatka (111) | asked Dec 29 '11, 12:42 p.m.
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was anyway one could create/edit work items either programmatically or from a command line client. I have searched and only found a post where a user mentioned that "he didn't believe there was a external api for the admin tools". I have come in hopes that maybe this has changed or that user wasn't aware of an existing api (or CLI for that matter).

Any help would be appreciated, even if it is a straight up no.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 04 '12, 11:30 p.m.
I've written a java program that uses the SDK to create a work item based on data passed in (or read in from a file, for example). Let me know if you need assistance.

Susan Hanson

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was anyway one could create/edit work items either programmatically or from a command line client. ...

Using Rational Team Concert 3.0 SDK as a starting point, you'll get to Integrating and Extending Rational Team Concert (the SDK), which includes sections like Programmatic Creation of Work Items

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Dec 31 '11, 5:54 a.m.
Hello all,

I was wondering if there was anyway one could create/edit work items either programmatically or from a command line client. ...

Using Rational Team Concert 3.0 SDK as a starting point, you'll get to Integrating and Extending Rational Team Concert (the SDK), which includes sections like Programmatic Creation of Work Items

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.