It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to customize the notification content

Jian Hua Geng (1122) | asked Dec 26 '11, 9:25 a.m.
We are using RTC 3.0.1.
I know in the build definition, there is a Email Notification page to let me define the build notification.
But I have some additional information need notify the receiver who has not RTC account.
Such as, once the build succeed, I need let all guys know while to download the images.

So, here I want to know, is it possible to let me customize the notification content or append additional messages?

Or is there ant task or something else to let me implement it?

5 answers

permanent link
Jian Hua Geng (1122) | answered Jan 04 '12, 2:04 a.m.
and this article offers another solution using ant i think

https://jazz.net/library/article/195

Very thanks for your information.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 02 '12, 8:46 a.m.
and this article offers another solution using ant i think

https://jazz.net/library/article/195

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 02 '12, 8:43 a.m.
We are using RTC 3.0.1.
I know in the build definition, there is a Email Notification page to let me define the build notification.
But I have some additional information need notify the receiver who has not RTC account.
Such as, once the build succeed, I need let all guys know while to download the images.

So, here I want to know, is it possible to let me customize the notification content or append additional messages?

Hi gengjh,

There are options of extending RTC - dont know exactly how you would do it with the notifications - however another idea could be that you use the feeds for forinstance the builds - so people that need to be aware of these bits of information can follow the stuff using rss.

Kim,

I want to extend RTC to implement it since I already did some works to extend the jazz build engine to do some post-build actions.
Do you know where to get the doc or sample for how to extend the notification?

Hi Jian, check out the forum for extending team concert - there are some posts on notifications like this one for instance:
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21273&highlight=notification

permanent link
Jian Hua Geng (1122) | answered Jan 02 '12, 8:15 a.m.
We are using RTC 3.0.1.

Hi gengjh,

There are options of extending RTC - dont know exactly how you would do it with the notifications - however another idea could be that you use the feeds for forinstance the builds - so people that need to be aware of these bits of information can follow the stuff using rss.

Kim,

I want to extend RTC to implement it since I already did some works to extend the jazz build engine to do some post-build actions.
Do you know where to get the doc or sample for how to extend the notification?

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Dec 29 '11, 7:25 a.m.
We are using RTC 3.0.1.

Hi gengjh,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.