It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - delete / hide archived accounts

DH Lee (25784446) | asked Dec 23 '11, 1:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have customer who is inquiring in regards to deleting user account. As they created number of test account, it need to be deleted before rolling over to production. Customer acknowledged that it is not possible to delete user accounts however in order to pass their security audit process, at least archived users should not be seen in the list.

Is there any way to achieve such request?

Below is customer's security audit detail

"No test account should be part of in any deployed application rolling to production use. It test accounts are used in the initial phase, it must be purged/destroyed completely. No evidence shall remain on the system."

This is one of security criteria whi will determine whether customer can use this product or not.

Any assistance or input will be appreciated!

Regards,
DH

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Dec 29 '11, 7:43 a.m.
I have customer who is inquiring in regards to deleting user account. As they created number of test account, it need to be deleted before rolling over to production. Customer acknowledged that it is not possible to delete user accounts however in order to pass their security audit process, at least archived users should not be seen in the list.

Is there any way to achieve such request?

Below is customer's security audit detail

"No test account should be part of in any deployed application rolling to production use. It test accounts are used in the initial phase, it must be purged/destroyed completely. No evidence shall remain on the system."

This is one of security criteria whi will determine whether customer can use this product or not.

Any assistance or input will be appreciated!

Regards,
DH

Hi DH - this is a bit of a problem indeed. I dont know of any methods to delete accounts - but perhaps the idea of "rolling" over to prod is wrong. Perhaps the test system should remain as it is and a new system should be created for PROD - any workitems can be moved to new project areas in prod and mapped to new users. I asume that access to a test and a prod system is not the same either so in future this would be the best solution for testing upgrades or changes in process templates to have a separated test system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.