It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dev Environment Error

Joshua Giangrande (2611216) | asked Dec 15 '11, 2:05 p.m.
Hey Everyone,

So, I just started working with RTC, and seem to be running into some difficulty. I downloaded the snippets and was able to create a project using the plainjava folder as a source. Further, I modified the slightly, giving myself separate user/password variables. I change the values of the user, password, and CM_REPO variables to appropriately reflect the RTC server that is running. When I compile and run Snippet5, I run into absolutely no issues. I admit, I commented out the section where it creates a new work item, but it first tells me that is contacting the server, then tells me it has successfully connected. Great!

The problem I am running into comes from something else. I already have a rather large project configured where I need to integrate this functionality - lets call it DevProject. I created a library of all of the jars in the snippets folder and added them to DevProject. I have my own version of Snippet1 which I have named something like RTCConnection.java. Then in another java file, I am parsing some information and would like to pass it to an existing work item. I have the following code:

TeamPlatform.startup();
IProgressMonitor monitor = new SysoutProgressMonitor();
ITeamRepository repo = RTCConnection.login(monitor);

As you can see, this is practically the same code as in Snippet5 (except that TeamPlatform.startup() is inside a try block, rather than outside). When I run my program, I see some of my earlier code working just fine, but when it gets to the part where I assign a repository to my repo variable, I get the following printed to my console:

ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.build.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.build that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.calmfoundation that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.filesystem.workitems that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.filesystem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.filesystem that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.foundation.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.foundation that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.interop.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.interop that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.process.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.process that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.reports.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.reports that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.repository that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.links that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.rtc.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.rtc.common that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.scm.admin.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.scm.admin.common that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.scm.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.scm that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem.query that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem.linkClosure that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.build.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.build that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.calm.foundation.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.calmfoundation that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.workitems bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.filesystem.workitems that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.filesystem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.filesystem that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.foundation.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.foundation that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.interop.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.interop that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.process.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.process that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.reports.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.reports that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.repository that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.repository.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.links that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.rtc.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.rtc.common that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.scm.admin.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.scm.admin.common that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.scm.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.scm that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem.query that is not unique.
ERROR [main] (ExtensionRegistryReader.java:764) - The com.ibm.team.workitem.common bundle's plugin.xml file contains a <component> element with the id attribute value com.ibm.team.workitem.linkClosure that is not unique.

It then prints the line where it says it is contacting my server, then fails because of a serverVersionCheckException which is telling me that the client and server versions do not match.

I have to admit, I'm pretty stumped. I've done everything I can think of to resolve this issue (including verifying I have up to date files - I do), but I cannot seem fix this. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 15 '11, 4:02 p.m.
looks like you have the second project configured for plugin development rather than standalone application, but are running it as a standalone app.

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.