It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Administrators and Members in the project area

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Dec 15 '11, 1:24 p.m.
I can add administrators and members in both project area level and within team area.

From the link below,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_assign_admin_web.html

Administrators have administrative privileges outside of the permissions defined by the process. They can modify the process configuration, team membership, and user information.

1. If I add a user as an admin in project area level, they will also have the admin right for all team areas within that project area. Is this right?

2. If I add a user as a member with a Developer role at the project area level, do it mean he will be a member/Developer in each team area, so I don't to add him as a member/Developer in each team area? Otherwise what's this member in project area level for?

Thanks
Jirong

3 answers

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Dec 15 '11, 6:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jirong,

The answer to both your questions is yes. If you are an admin in the project you will have administrative privileges for its team areas as well, and if a user is assigned a role in the project, then they also have it in any of the project's teams they are in.

Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Dec 16 '11, 10:24 a.m.
Hi Jirong,

The answer to both your questions is yes. If you are an admin in the project you will have administrative privileges for its team areas as well, and if a user is assigned a role in the project, then they also have it in any of the project's teams they are in.

Parker

Thanks, Parker.

I forgot to add one more question. For developer's role, the permission at project area level is different from the team area. So in order to have team area permissions, I still have to add the user into the team area?

Jirong

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Dec 16 '11, 1:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jirong,

Yes, for those extra permissions you added at the team level to apply the user will need to be a member of the team with that role assigned.

Parker,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.