It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extending Bugzilla Importer for large comments

Vivek Gupta (5195) | asked Dec 05 '11, 5:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am extending the existing bugzilla importer to import document from notes . All is working fine except for the length of comments where workitem save operation fails due to larger than supported length of 32K .

I could see that bugzilla's copyComments method(DataCopier) supports creation of multiple 'comments' for unresolved Id's , but the same is not there for the fields mapped through the mapping file .

Is there a way to notify the bugzilla importer to create multiple comments in case one is exceeding the limit ?

I have thought of a work around to split the comments in the custom Retrieval Strategy Implementation where I can put the split comments in the additional fields(eg , splitcomment 1 , 2 ,3 .. mapped to comment attribute) supplied in the mapping file - but this would put the comments out of order .

Kindly let me know if there is something available ?

One answer

permanent link
Vivek Gupta (5195) | answered Dec 06 '11, 12:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I figured the way out . The solution is to create a CommentData object and store it in the ReportData Comments array list - Like its done for attachments . The comments stored in comments array are split automatically by the DataCopier .

I would prefer this to be done automatically for all the attributes which are mapped to comments (even description as well) in the custom mapping file as its not very obvious to figure this out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.