It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A complete, simple example or Build and ANT Tasks

Chris Graham (367814) | asked Nov 15 '11, 12:34 a.m.
Hello All!

Is there a simple, end to end example, or tutorial (with complete examples, not just snippets!) of a simple project that uses the RTC Ant tasks?

An simple jar project, of one class, and possibly one test case class would be fine.

And, most importantly, a single, simple ant script that builds it and uses as many of the ant tasks as possible?

Ideally, a zip that holds it all?

Does such a thing exist, or am I asking for too much! :lol:

-Chris

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 15 '11, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi you could look into the Money That Matter sample that comes with the 2011 3.0.1 release. It is not simple but complete and you can run it from a test server.

permanent link
Chris Graham (367814) | answered Nov 15 '11, 9:17 p.m.
Ok. Thanks!
Now, are the ant scripts designed to be only run inside of the build engine, or can they be run outside of a build engine, ie standalone, either from the command line (or via an external tool) or from an IDE (RAD/RSA etc)?

-Chris

Hi you could look into the Money That Matter sample that comes with the 2011 3.0.1 release. It is not simple but complete and you can run it from a test server.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 16 '11, 1:40 a.m.
Hi,

as far as I know the scripts could be run from anywhere, provided they get the necessary information for the Build Engine ANT tasks to communicate back to the server. You would also have to add the library containing that tasks into the class path, I guess. I assume it is possible to make the scripts ignore the commands in case that information is not available.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 16 '11, 1:42 a.m.
Oh, and you need to make sure that the structure of the data fits on the local disk fits the way it is loaded from the JBE. Provided the scripts use a relative path approach and the script builds across several Eclipse Projects that should be the case too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.