It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help!!.. Operation Advisor plugin not found on prod sys

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Nov 14 '11, 2:36 p.m.
I have an OperationAdvisor just built on 3.0 iFix1, and 3.0.1
and it works fine in test on both as a binary, under tomcat.

when loaded on to our production test environment with Websphere (on Windows) the precondition workitem save handler does not appear in the list of available handlers..

we see no indication of any loading trouble on the server..
if I get the path wrong on my tomcat system, or the plugin name is wrong, I get a good error report in the server log.. we see nothing like that..

how do I debug this?

I should note.. the test server is 3.0.1 on Windows, same as the development system.
the plugin does NOT appear in the plugins view window, but DOES appear on the development system, plugin view window

so, this says it wasn't loaded.. but we don't see any indication of 'why'..

Sam

6 answers

permanent link
Simon Fisher (1631710) | answered Jan 18 '12, 7:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sam,

Sometimes the Eclipse client fails to load new advisors/participants as it does caching of these. To force it to reload these and (hopefully) pick up your precondition from the server, start eclipse with the -clean command line switch.

Thanks,

Simon

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 21 '11, 8:47 a.m.
thank you.. didn't know about this console..

Sam

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Nov 20 '11, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't have so much experience about deploying RTC/Jazz to WAS.

But maybe you can use OSGi console to check your plugin's status.
To run OSGi console, you can try to run the following command under /server directory:
repotools-jazz.bat -console -noexit
In the osgi console, you use "ss" command to list all the installed bundles and use "diag " command to diagnose your plugin.
For example:
osgi> diag com.ibm.team.process.service

Hope it can help you.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 18 '11, 1:03 p.m.
and, suddenly yesterday the Precondition appears in the list.. altho they tell me nothing changed on the server.. and no restart

sam

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Nov 17 '11, 10:36 a.m.
thanks.. this is a server side plugin..OperationAdvisor (workitem Save (server))

we have reset the server after installing the update site and adding the provisioning profile.

On my tomcat environment, from the eclipse client, I can see the plugin listed in the plugins view..
on the websphere environment, I cannot see the plugin listed.

on the tomcat environment..
if the provisioning profile has a path or feature name incorrect, there is a startup error, shown in the log.. so, my 'assumption' is that the same error would be shown on the websphere system for the same problems..

no errors are listed in the log..

and maybe I have some missing dependency, or.. ?? obviously the plugin did not get loaded for some reason..

I am only looking for reliable debugging process..

one other thing..

this server was 'upgraded' from 2.0.0.2, where the CCM name was JAZZ
so we had to modify the provisioning profile path to use JAZZ instead of CCM. On 3.0 this plugin must go into CCM, because one of the dependencies is not available in JTS. (but I saw that in the log when I tried it on Tomcat)

but still, if there are loading errors, they should be listed somewhere..
we see no errors

Sam

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Nov 17 '11, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have an OperationAdvisor just built on 3.0 iFix1, and 3.0.1
and it works fine in test on both as a binary, under tomcat.

when loaded on to our production test environment with Websphere (on Windows) the precondition workitem save handler does not appear in the list of available handlers..

we see no indication of any loading trouble on the server..
if I get the path wrong on my tomcat system, or the plugin name is wrong, I get a good error report in the server log.. we see nothing like that..

how do I debug this?

I should note.. the test server is 3.0.1 on Windows, same as the development system.
the plugin does NOT appear in the plugins view window, but DOES appear on the development system, plugin view window

so, this says it wasn't loaded.. but we don't see any indication of 'why'..

Sam

Is your advisor plugin deployed on server side or eclipse client side? If you are talking about client side plugin, it has nothing to do with which server (tomcat or was) you are using. If you are talking about deploying plugin in server side, you might need to reset your server. Please refer the Install Plugin section in the article: https://jazz.net/library/article/495

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.