It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use the HttpConnector from a javascript calc value?

Paul Romanus (3355) | asked Nov 07 '11, 6:59 p.m.
edited Mar 21 '13, 11:27 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi,

I want to retrieve user details from Active Directory to populate a text presentation with a summary of the account e.g. internal/external email, location, interests etc .. when an Active Directory user is selected in a dependent attribute.

So far, I've written a servlet that I use in a javascript FilteredValueSet attribute customisation, to retrive a filtered list of names and staff ids using the HTTPConnector. which upon selection, populates it's associated attribute : globalDirectoryUser.

So far so good!

I now want to use a Calculated value javascript to fire upon this selection to populate the User's details in an attribute called globalDirectoryUserDetails.
I had hoped to re-use the HTTPConnector in the calculated value script - but there's NO 'context' argument passed into the getValue() dojo function

getValue() :
getValue: function(attributeId, workItem, configuration) {...

unlike,
getFilteredValueSet:
getFilteredValueSet: function(attributeId, workItem, context, filter) {...

So, my question is/are:

> Is there any way I can retrieve the 'context' from within a calculated value javascript
> But what I REALLY want is ... is a way to utilize the HTTPConnector from within a calculated value javascript ?

Thanks in advance

Comments
Alicia McPherson commented Jun 05 '12, 4:33 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Were you able to utilize HTTPConnector from within a calculated value javascript?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martin Aeschlimann (911) | answered Jul 25 '12, 9:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, the HttpConnector is only available for value set providers.
Paul Romanus selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 21 '13, 11:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 4.0 it is possible to call the HTTP Filtered Value Set in JavaScript

permanent link
Alicia McPherson (7131418) | answered May 30 '12, 5:21 p.m.
Did anyone figure out how to use HttpConnector in a Calculated Value script?

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.