It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAMSession very slow to be created

Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | asked Nov 04 '11, 2:06 p.m.
I'm integrating a in-house web application with RAM but when a new RAMSession is invoked, it take between 40 and 60 sec.

If I run the same code in a standalone Java class this action don't take more than 2 sec.

My environament is:
RAD 7.0
WAS 6.1
Struts 1.0

The RAMClient libraries are on webapp lib. Is there some known issue about this env or some recommendation about it?

5 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Nov 04 '11, 3:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

What is the exact version of RAM you are connecting to and the exact
version of the RAMClient jars that you placed in the web app?

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Nov 07 '11, 8:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It will be helpful to understand what is it that is slow; is it the creation of the session object or driving some asset operations on it; if the later what is it that you are doing.

When you run the same code in Java; it is on the same IDE, same RAM client libraries and connecting to the same RAM server?

Any related logs on the console?

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Nov 10 '11, 8:13 a.m.
The slow is on creating the session, after that all works fine and quickly.

This code only get all categories and print them on screen. When I run as a Java Project using Eclipse any problem is presented, but calling the same code from a Servlet running on WAS the create connection become too slow.

The RAM server is the same in both cases - RAM 7.5.0.2v20110127 - and the librares were get from Help -> Extensions menu. The client librares were configured as (web) app library and any server library was defined.

Any error or warning message is shown on console.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Nov 14 '11, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you create a session, the client code connects to the server for (server) information.

if the initial connection to the server is slow; I would first suspect problem with DNS resolution.

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Nov 25 '11, 12:04 p.m.
The connection is made against a server throught you IP address, there isn't a DNS envolved.
I could see that other operations are slow too, like asset search. This slow is around 30s among invoke search and receive the response.

There is any ideia in how would be a better way to profile it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.