It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Porting of an Epic to a different Stream

Gianluca Mariani (611) | asked Nov 02 '11, 12:17 p.m.
I'm trying to perform the porting of the changes associated with a new feature in a different stream. All the change sets are linked to many tasks and defects. These tasks and defects are linked to many stories, which are grouped in a single epic. Tasks, being developed in parallel, have overlapping change sets. The whole epic contains more than one hundred change sets.

How can I perform the porting from the development stream to the stable one?

Is there a way to obtain a ordered and complete list of changes sets belonging to a single epic and its children (stories, tasks, defects)?

I am using jazzserver v.2

Thanks for your help

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 02 '11, 2:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying to perform the porting of the changes associated with a new feature in a different stream. All the change sets are linked to many tasks and defects. These tasks and defects are linked to many stories, which are grouped in a single epic. Tasks, being developed in parallel, have overlapping change sets. The whole epic contains more than one hundred change sets.

How can I perform the porting from the development stream to the stable one?

Is there a way to obtain a ordered and complete list of changes sets belonging to a single epic and its children (stories, tasks, defects)?

I am using jazzserver v.2

Thanks for your help
https://jazz.net/library/article/40

The article on multiple stream development should answer your question. The basic idea is you deliver the changes from one stream to another using a workspace as the middle man.

Also, the upcoming release will have an ability to locate change sets so you can see which ones have been ported to the other stream.

permanent link
Gianluca Mariani (611) | answered Nov 03 '11, 1:22 p.m.
Thank you for the reply!

Changing the flow target will help for sure.

I need to backport a whole epic to the stable stream; the epic has many children and many change sets. How can I filter/select the incoming change sets that belong to a single epic?

Thanks a lot

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 03 '11, 5:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thank you for the reply!

Changing the flow target will help for sure.

I need to backport a whole epic to the stable stream; the epic has many children and many change sets. How can I filter/select the incoming change sets that belong to a single epic?

Thanks a lot
You can change the Pending Changes view to group changes by work item.

I would consider it best practice to create a new stream for experimental work for one feature. When it is stable, you can flow the changes from experimental to stable. You'll know that all outgoing changes are related to the new feature and should be delivered together.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.