It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tool for copying files from RTC on the server

Aleksander sadecki (1133) | asked Nov 01 '11, 1:23 p.m.
Hi,

I have a question about tool for RTC.

I create all my testcases/testbuckets/environments in RTC and it takes a lot of time for copying this files on server. How can I do it automatically? I've read about scmtools for a long time but I can't use it.

Thank you in advance

5 answers

permanent link
Nagesh Subrahmanyam (771211) | answered Nov 11 '11, 11:43 p.m.
You can enable automatic check-in to check-in your changes from workspace to RTC automatically. Then, you deliver it manually.

I guess, you need a build definition that 'builds' upon delivery of changes. Where, the build means delivering to FTP server. There is some documentation on using Build engine, Apache Ant, etc.

Hope this helps.

permanent link
Maciej Slawinski (612) | answered Nov 10 '11, 11:59 a.m.

As I understand you correctly, you are searching for tool/solution that will automatically copy the files that you edit and deliver in RTC to some extended server?

Hi,

I am searching for exactly same thing. I wonder if you managed to find such tool. It would make my work much easier. I heard about some scm tool, that could do that. Have you heard about it? Do you have any idea how to use this for copying files from RTC to server?

I am waiting for some new ideas from you.

Regards,
Mck

permanent link
Wojciech Flakus (11) | answered Nov 08 '11, 11:25 a.m.

Could you more clearly describe the thing that you want to do ?

Of course!

I've heard about tool which sending my created files to fileserver. Currently, when I prepared all my files (testbuckets, environment files, testcases, scripts etc) I have to copy manually all files from my local machine to fileserver. I want to do it automatically f.e. using special button in RTC "send to FILESERVER" - whatever.

Have you ever heard about tool like this ?

It'll be very helpful for me and for my Team :)

Thanks in advance!

As I understand you correctly, you are searching for tool/solution that will automatically copy the files that you edit and deliver in RTC to some extended server?

Unfortunately I don't know how to do that but it could be useful also for me. Any idea ?

permanent link
Aleksander sadecki (1133) | answered Nov 08 '11, 2:51 a.m.

Of course!

I've heard about tool which sending my created files to fileserver. Currently, when I prepared all my files (testbuckets, environment files, testcases, scripts etc) I have to copy manually all files from my local machine to fileserver. I want to do it automatically f.e. using special button in RTC "send to FILESERVER" - whatever.

Have you ever heard about tool like this ?

It'll be very helpful for me and for my Team :)

Thanks in advance!

permanent link
Wojciech Flakus (11) | answered Nov 07 '11, 8:06 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question about tool for RTC.

I create all my testcases/testbuckets/environments in RTC and it takes a lot of time for copying this files on server. How can I do it automatically? I've read about scmtools for a long time but I can't use it.

Thank you in advance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.