It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[ANSWERED] Troubleshooting Bundle Exception Errors

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Oct 26 '11, 12:45 p.m.
I am receiving this error message below when I start my RTC Tomcat server.

I have verified that my RTC Client has the path to the sdk setup properly in the Window > Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target platform.

I have listed there,
${eclipse_home} - c:\rtc\
${eclipse_home}\sdk - c:\rtc\sdk

Inspecting the plug-in list from the project and I see the bundle dependency listed there:
com.ibm.team.workitem.service_3.0.2v20110909_0225.jar - c:\rtc\sdk\plugins

I can verify this jar files exists in that directory.

I am starting to think that the TOMCAT server is not resolving the path to this dependency.

*** ERROR Snippet ***

CRJAZ0303I The profile install from "file:jts/sites/rtc-check-summary-advisor-site" was started at "Wed Oct 26 12:16:44 EDT 2011".

CRJAZ0300I Installing the feature "rtc_check_summary_advisor_feature_1.0.0.201110261215".
CRJAZ0299I Installing bundle from the URL "file:/C%3a/jts/server/conf/jts/sites/rtc-check-summary-advisor-site/plugins/rtc_check_summary_advisor_1.0.0.201110261215.jar".

CRJAZ0291I Failed to start the bundle "rtc_check_summary_advisor 1.0.0.201110261215".
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.ibm.team.workitem.service; bundle-version="3.0.2"
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.startFeatureBundles(ProvisionService.java:1341)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfiles(ProvisionService.java:1049)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfileNoWait(ProvisionService.java:1146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromProfile(ProvisionService.java:1084)
at com.ibm.team.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService.installFromContextConfigurationUrl(ProvisionService.java:1163)
at com.ibm.team.repository.web.internal.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:125)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Oct 27 '11, 12:24 p.m.
From your log file snippet, it looks like you are trying to provision your plug-in into the JTS, which does not contain any workitem code. If you have developed a plug-in for the RTC server, then it should be provisioned into the RTC application instead. I.e. you would put it under server/conf/rtc/sites, not server/conf/jts/sites, etc.

Thanks. This solved my issue.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Oct 27 '11, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From your log file snippet, it looks like you are trying to provision your plug-in into the JTS, which does not contain any workitem code. If you have developed a plug-in for the RTC server, then it should be provisioned into the RTC application instead. I.e. you would put it under server/conf/rtc/sites, not server/conf/jts/sites, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.