It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RC5 to 1.0 GA upgrade problem

Ross Camara (1611) | asked Jul 07 '08, 4:57 p.m.
Trying to perform an upgrade of our Jazz server from the RC5 to the 1.0 GA version. I was able to perform the install and migration of our old setup to get the server up and running. However I have hit a problem when I tried to run the Jazz Setup (localhost\jazz\setup). The setup page loads correctly however when I select the 'Custom Setup' the next screen with the database information does not allow me to progress. All the options except for previous are disabled. Any suggestions on what I need to do to complete the setup?

We are using DB2 for the database with WAS for the server. The Standard edition complete zip file was used for the installation.

6 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 08 '08, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does the database page show you any error message? What happens when you try to 'Test connection'?

permanent link
Ross Camara (1611) | answered Jul 08 '08, 9:27 a.m.
Nope no error message. The Configure Database screen has a little box on the upper right with "Loading Database Connection settings..." However nothing is happening. The database vendor drop down is empty and disabled. We're reusing our team.properties file from the previous version where the database was configured.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 08 '08, 9:38 a.m.
Are there any errors on the https://<server>:9443/jazz/admin page?

permanent link
Ross Camara (1611) | answered Jul 08 '08, 9:41 a.m.
Repository services are not available on the server. Provision the server to install the repository components.

It also complains about. "Error fetching server status information."

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 08 '08, 9:45 a.m.
Could you open a bug, attach your server log, and post the bug number here (or subscribe me, Matt Lavin) so I can look into it further?

permanent link
Ross Camara (1611) | answered Jul 08 '08, 9:56 a.m.
ok bug ID 58889. Trying to locate where the server logs are stored.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.