It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

Carla Celiberti (9151) | asked Jul 07 '08, 9:09 a.m.
Ih,
I'm testing the example on "Extending the data warehouse", and now I need help.
I deployed my plugin with some changes.
I'm using localhost and when i click on "Update Snapshot Data" button as is written here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseExtending
Appears on the console an error due java.lang.IncompatibleRecord:

09:14:05,936 WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet - Tea
mRepositoryException processing POST request for com.ibm.team.reports.common.internal.service.IRepor
tRestService.postUpdateSnapshotData(). The request was made by user "ADMIN" from "127.0.0.1". The st
acktrace hash is 12455A4EA8D5440AF6853F770E424CCAEB9E4C14.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: com/
ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/AbstractSnapshotService.createTableRecord(Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse
/common/ITableDescriptor;)Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/IWritableDataRow;

Caused by:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: com/ibm/team/datawa
rehouse/service/AbstractSnapshotService.createTableRecord(Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse/common/ITableD
escriptor;)Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/IWritableDataRow;

Caused by:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: com/ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/AbstractSnapshotService.c
reateTableRecord(Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse/common/ITableDescriptor;)Lcom/ibm/team/datawarehouse/se
rvice/IWritableDataRow;

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem please?

thanks for your support

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 09 '08, 8:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like more than one copy of the com/ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/AbstractSnapshotService is getting into the server runtime, or there is a difference between what you compiled your extension with and what is in the server. Are you using 1.0 for both the development and target environments?

permanent link
Carla Celiberti (9151) | answered Jul 09 '08, 11:43 a.m.
It sounds like more than one copy of the com/ibm/team/datawarehouse/service/AbstractSnapshotService is getting into the server runtime, or there is a difference between what you compiled your extension with and what is in the server. Are you using 1.0 for both the development and target environments?

In fact there were different versions on the server and client.
I copied and pasted the plugin (com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service) on the client from the server, and it works!
Thanks for your support :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.