It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.6 M3: Cannot Run as a Service

Akilah Jones (10654) | asked Oct 20 '11, 8:48 p.m.
I get the following error:

C:\RTN\Programs\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat\bin>service.bat install tomcat5

Installing the service 'tomcat5' ...
Using CATALINA_HOME: C:\RTN\Programs\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat
Using CATALINA_BASE: C:\RTN\Programs\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\tomcat
Using JAVA_HOME:
Using JVM: auto
Failed installing 'tomcat5' service

Please note this happens regardless of which tomcat5.exe that I used. I tried it with all three... just to see what would happen.

4 answers

permanent link
Mark Goossen (106) | answered Oct 21 '11, 9:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

There are some help topics that might provide installation details:
Running in Apache Tomcat as a Windows service (32-bit)
Running in Apache Tomcat as a Windows service (64-bit)

Note that there additional steps for a 64-bit server.

Thanks,
Mark

permanent link
Akilah Jones (10654) | answered Jan 19 '12, 10:02 p.m.
I made two changes that seemed to resolve my issue (but in another version: Release CLM 3.0.1.2)

1. I ran the cmd prompt as "Administrator"
2. I modified "service.bat" so that it points to the JVM that is bundled with Apache

permanent link
Ludwig Wahl (6) | answered Feb 28 '12, 10:41 a.m.
Dear All

I tried it according that link
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_run_rqm64_win_service.html

I can log into DOORS-NG. On the homepage I get the following error message

CRJAZ1061I The database is responding, but the Jazz repository schemas and tables cannot be found. Check that the database JDBC location is correct. If this is a new database, stop the server and use the "repotools" command to create the tables.

What might be wrong configured ?

permanent link
James Walker (161) | answered Mar 05 '12, 10:27 p.m.
Hi lwahl,

I had this problem today for CCM under 3.0.1.2, I'm assuming that you are using Derby data source. Hopefully this helps.

I have not tried 4.1 nor DOORS, but under 3.0.1.2 this is because you probably have to populate the teamserver.properties with the absolute path of the DERBY repository. The following is documented in the 32-bit (but not the 64-bit note?):

If you are using Derby as the database for your Jazz Repository, edit C:\jazz\server\conf\jazz\teamserver.properties to make the DB location an absolute path. For example, change the value of db.jdbc.location to C:/jazz/server/repositoryDB. Note the forward slash (/) in the path

Make sure that you do this for your jts and other applications that are installed. The document didn't clearly say this, and I spent a couple of hours before I updated the ccm teamserver.properties file.

My JTS (aka Jazz) teamserver.properties was updated, for both the server and data warehouse datasources, to :

com.ibm.team.repository.db.jdbc.location=C:/Program Files/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB

com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.db.jdbc.location=C:/Program Files/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB

So for the DOORs, I'm guessing that there is a teamserver.properties with a relative path for the derby location, not an absolute path.

Good luck!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.