It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

db2syscs.exe CPU consistently high

Brian Reynolds (1689) | asked Oct 20 '11, 4:46 p.m.
We're running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 with DB2 9.5fp8. Is there a way to review the DB2 Jazz database SQL execution in real time? I'd like to see exactly what is going on in the database when it spikes to 70+% consistently.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Oct 21 '11, 4:34 p.m.
There are a number of DB2 things that can be done. The one I use most is "db2top", but it doesn't appear to be in Windows.

One thing I look at on the RTC side is under the Admin page "Statistics". In this particular level I had poor execution of workspace compares. I found that a particular query was performing badly because of the way that user provided (read: RTC provided) optimizations got handed to DB2 changed somewhere in the DB2 9.5 fixes. I was given a patch for the server which helped greatly.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=163457

We're running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 with DB2 9.5fp8. Is there a way to review the DB2 Jazz database SQL execution in real time? I'd like to see exactly what is going on in the database when it spikes to 70+% consistently.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.