It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

reinstalling the sample JKE Banking project

anoop mc (74811188221) | asked Oct 18 '11, 6:36 a.m.
Hi,

I have been searching to find some article which talks about how to reinstall the sample project.

Referring to on of the info center guide it gives the below generic statement without any hyperlink

Note: Before you can reinstall the sample project, you must rename any existing sample projects.

Let me know if anyone followed some article which talks about the same.

Regards
Anoop

5 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Oct 29 '11, 6:35 a.m.
From the Lifecycle Project Admin page, you should be able to see each of the 3 sample project pages

JKE Banking (Requirements)
JKE Banking (Change Management)
JKE Banking (Quality Management)

click each of the project names to open the project area page and then rename the projects to some else, by clicking the name and pressing save.

Once renamed you can create a new sample project.

Thanks this worked.

And one more thing I want to know is about the CAL (Client Access License) for each tool required to install the JKE sample application.

To create the sample the following CALs are needed

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_install_sample_project.html

Assigned the appropriate Client Access Licenses (CALs) to the user that will install the sample application. For example, to install the sample application in all three applications (RM, CCM, and QM), you must have the Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional, Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst, and Rational Team Concert - Developer CALs.

Contributor licenses cannot be used to create the sample content.

As I have ended up with some issues I have decided to reinstall the entire application and this time while trying to install the sample JKE application I am getting the below error message

Error creating the sample: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0003I Unexpected response code from request (https://achathot.in.ibm.com:9443/jts/service/com.ibm.team.reports.common.internal.service.IReportRestService/updateAllRemoteSnapshotData): HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
hide details

Server Response:

{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":503,"nestedError":{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":null,"nestedError":{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":null,"errorTrace":

Ignoring this error I logged into the https://<hostname>:9443/admin/web
and found all the samples already installed.Exploring the JKE banking projects worked for me ..

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Oct 29 '11, 4:29 a.m.
From the Lifecycle Project Admin page, you should be able to see each of the 3 sample project pages

click each of the project names to open the project area page and then rename the projects to some else, by clicking the name and pressing save.

Thanks this worked.

And one more thing I want to know is about the CAL (Client Access License) for each tool required to install the JKE sample application.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_install_sample_project.html

Assigned the appropriate Client Access Licenses (CALs) to the user that will install the sample application. For example, to install the sample application in all three applications (RM, CCM, and QM), you must have the Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional, Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst, and Rational Team Concert - Developer CALs.

As I have ended up with some issues I have decided to reinstall the entire application and this time while trying to install the sample JKE application I am getting the below error message

Error creating the sample: com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: CRJCA0003I Unexpected response code from request (https://achathot.in.ibm.com:9443/jts/service/com.ibm.team.reports.common.internal.service.IReportRestService/updateAllRemoteSnapshotData): HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
hide details

Server Response:

{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":503,"nestedError":{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":null,"nestedError":{"errorTraceMarshall":,"errorCode":null,"errorTrace":["com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.assertValidProperties(ServiceConfiguration.java:296)

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 20 '11, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks this worked.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811188221) | answered Oct 20 '11, 5:51 a.m.

Thanks this worked.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 18 '11, 5:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.