It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing BIRT Reports in RTC client

Vaijayanti Vaidya (044) | asked Oct 17 '11, 11:39 a.m.
Hi,

I need to install the BIRT report module on the machine where RTC client 3.0 is installed. This is in the shared environment where there is no internet access.

To install the reporting module followed the steps below

1. Un-installed RTC client.
2. Copied BIRT/DTP/EMF/WTP zip files to machine and unzipped them in the "TeamConcert/dropins" folder.
3. Started RTC using "ecplise -clean" command.

Still report designer perspective did not show up.

Can someone help me to install BIRT report on RTC client on the machine which do not have the internet access?
Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
mack thors (6) | answered Apr 10 '12, 6:13 a.m.
I tried by installing by "extract the zip files in this order: WTP/EMF/DTP/BIRT, after extract one zip file and start to extract the next zip file, you will be asked to replace or subscriber a lot of files but always click NO or NO TO ALL. "

and still didnt work for me.

Any other solutions exist? problem is report perspective is not able to show in list.

permanent link
Felipe Martino (611) | answered Feb 17 '12, 9:10 a.m.
Hi,

I need to install the BIRT report module on the machine where RTC client 3.0 is installed. This is in the shared environment where there is no internet access.

To install the reporting module followed the steps below

1. Un-installed RTC client.
2. Copied BIRT/DTP/EMF/WTP zip files to machine and unzipped them in the "TeamConcert/dropins" folder.
3. Started RTC using "ecplise -clean" command.

Still report designer perspective did not show up.

Can someone help me to install BIRT report on RTC client on the machine which do not have the internet access?
Thanks!

Hi vavaidya,

Do you already resolved this problem?
If not maybe I can help...

extract the zip files in this order: WTP/EMF/DTP/BIRT, after extract one zip file and start to extract the next zip file, you will be asked to replace or subscriber a lot of files but always click NO or NO TO ALL.

If you deleted the dropins folder, it maybe cannot work properly. Then try to reinstall RTC Eclipse client, and after install extract the zip files into the dropins folder.

It works for me!

bye

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.