It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programmatic validation of work item attributes from client

Anthony Krowiak (1111612) | asked Oct 13 '11, 6:25 p.m.
I have a plain java client application that creates a work item, sets some of its values and saves the work item. After setting each value, I am calling the IAttribute.validate(IAuditableCommon, IWorkItem, IProgressMonitor) method to validate the attribute just set. The method returns a status of OK even if I knowingly set an invalid value. I noticed that the ccm.log has several "SEVERE: Validator not found" messages in it after running the application.

Why can't the validator be found? The attributes in question definitely have validators defined in the process configuration. Is there something I need to do in order to make this work, or can you simply not validate attribute values from the client?

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Krowiak (1111612) | answered Jan 30 '12, 10:08 a.m.
Thanks Sam.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 27 '12, 4:44 p.m.
sounds like a bug..

and as I understand it, there is NO commitment to anyone answering anything on this site. This is a community effort.

If you have a licensed copy of the runtime, and have purchased support, then you would go thru your support channel. Least that is what my company does.. I participate here voluntarily, and personally.

Sam

permanent link
Anthony Krowiak (1111612) | answered Jan 27 '12, 2:43 p.m.
I still have not received a response to this topic. I installed the same validation code in an operation participant on the server-side and the validation using IAttribute.validate worked. Why does this fail in a plain java client?

permanent link
Anthony Krowiak (1111612) | answered Oct 20 '11, 2:27 p.m.
By the way, the IAttribute object upon which the validate method is being invoked was retrieved by invoking IWorkItemCommon.findAttribute(IProjectAreaHandle, String, IProgressMonitor). I still haven't gotten a response to this question which is presently holding up development.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.