It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Set - How to locate the baseline that integrates it

Andrea Mantovani (4174) | asked Oct 13 '11, 5:43 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 12:47 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hello,
is there the possibility to locate, for a specific change set, the component baseline that includes it (the first baseline which integrates it)?

I discovered that this is possible via the following action:
right click on a change set -> Locate Change Set -> from Baselines...
but this implies to scroll manually the baselines of the component which is impacted by the selected change set, and verify which ones include it.

Is there a way to have this information automatically?

Regards,
Andrea

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Oct 13 '11, 8:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware, this isn't possible. The only action that comes close is the Locate Change Set, which you have already found.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Aug 02 '16, 1:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note: The Locate Change Sets Wizard was replaced with a Locate Change Sets editor in RTC 4.0. This editor allows you to drag a selection of baselines from either the baseline "History" view or the "Search" view. From this, you can derive when change sets first entered a baseline.

One other answer

permanent link
Scott Dysinger (2111) | answered Oct 24 '11, 9:36 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 1:07 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
[ATTENTION READERS - THIS ANSWER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL QUESTION]

I'm new to RTC but thought that I had a fairly good grasp of it's concepts. I set up a stream with one component then created a workspace based on that stream and loaded the sandbox. I then imported a "general" eclipse project that points to the sandbox. After opening and modifying a text file in the eclipse project I expected to see the change show up in the pending changes view but it never changes no matter what changes I make in the project. I've checked the properties on the modified files to verify that the files location is whithin the local workspace (sandbox) and I've also checked Window->Preferences->Team->Jazz Source Control->sandboxes to verify that my sandbox is being tracked by the pending changes view but my file changes are not showing up in the pending changes view. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Oct 24 '11, 10:19 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 1:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This would have been good to post as a new topic so that others can see a question hasn't been answered yet and to not get buried in another person's unrelated topic.

To answer your question, you have to share your project. The sandbox represents local content and tracks items that are shared. If you haven't shared the project, it won't be tracked even though it's in your sandbox. You can have items that aren't ready to be shared in your sandbox then share them when they have reached a good state.

Scott Dysinger commented Oct 24 '11, 10:37 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 1:03 a.m.

I misunderstood the meaning of "New Post" I thought that it was new topic. You've lost me when you said "share your project". Where do I do that? What exactly do you mean by "project"? The RTC project, the .project file or the eclipse project folder?

Tim Mok commented Oct 24 '11, 11:04 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 1:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Package Explorer, right-click on the project and go to Team --> Share Project. You can then select a component in your repository workspace where you want the files to be shared.

Scott Dysinger commented Oct 24 '11, 11:56 a.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 1:04 a.m.

There is no "Share Project" under the team submenu. I created this RTC workspace by right-clicking on a Stream and selecting New --> "Respository Workspace..." then loaded the workspace sandbox from the component that I believe is already shared.

Scott Dysinger commented Oct 24 '11, 3:40 p.m. | edited Aug 02 '16, 1:05 a.m.
It's working. I rebuilt/reloaded everything (including the eclipse workspace). Changes are now showing up in the "Pending Changes" view

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.