It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation is really 1.37GB... zipped?

Sarah Huntington (111) | asked Oct 12 '11, 6:28 p.m.
I'm new to Concert, so please bear with me. I'm installing, which doesn't seem to work with my firewall, so I chose the "offline" installation option, and... seriously? This thing is 1.37 GB? Zipped??? I understand that multiple rational products are bundled into a common install, but... why? I really just want to install Concert. So far the installation has required me to:
1. Create a jazz acount.
2. Download the web-based installer, which failed.
3. Download this 1.37GB behemoth
... and I have not even gotten to the actual installation proper.
Surely I am doing something wrong? Advice?

2 answers

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Nov 24 '11, 2:17 a.m.
I'm new to Concert, so please bear with me. I'm installing, which doesn't seem to work with my firewall, so I chose the "offline" installation option, and... seriously? This thing is 1.37 GB? Zipped??? I understand that multiple rational products are bundled into a common install, but... why? I really just want to install Concert. So far the installation has required me to:
1. Create a jazz acount.
2. Download the web-based installer, which failed.
3. Download this 1.37GB behemoth
... and I have not even gotten to the actual installation proper.
Surely I am doing something wrong? Advice?

Sarah I'm not sure what you are installing on...but I'm trying to upgrade 3.0.1 to 3.0.1.1 on AIX . Since I don't have a local Xserver, I rely on vnc, and cannot get Firefox to display correctly on that Xserver, so had to download that 1.38G file to a WINDOWS system, to then ftp to AIX server. So far, I've had three attempts, taking most of the evening, and it says it is complete, however is less than a gig in size, and is corrupt each time.

I am sorely disappointed in the administrative features for AIX. I've read numerous requests for a mirror, going back to 2008, what is so complicated about that?
I have been very impressed with the overall product, but the truth is, all the time I can save using the Jazz Team Server is going to paid out with each upgrade, it seems. My team gets very nervous about the maintenance overhead when they learn how much time I'm spending on basic updates.

If and when I get a working solution I will update this thread.

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Nov 24 '11, 3:17 a.m.
Latest status: I'm still not happy about having to go through Windows to download images to install on my AIX system...but I did install the "Download them All" download manager, per the help page https://jazz.net/downloads/help.jsp#dm
and it did download the complete file - HOWEVER it gave it a strange extension instead of actually replacing the old file as I had specified
JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-3.0.1.1.zip-{78d1f199-9020-4c55-925c-df663af315aa}.dtapart

Since I've not had any sleep and am nuts, when I did an rm JTS-CCM-QM-RM-repo-3.0.1.1.zip it removed both :-(

But at least the download is a LOT faster than trying through the browser. I'll download one more time, and should be able to proceed with
the update.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.