It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why RTC 3.0.1 does not know RRDI pregenrate report?

Rubin Zheng (1698) | asked Oct 03 '11, 9:15 a.m.
I created a dashboard by using an customized RRDI report definition in RTC. I scheduled a job to generate report periodicly.

The problem is every time I refresh the dashboard, the report was regenerated. How can I reuse the pre-generated one?

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Oct 03 '11, 9:31 a.m.
Although you've set-up a schedule, what default action do you have associated with the report in question?

- Find the report in Insight
- Click the set properties link
- Go to the report tab
- Check to see if the default action is "View most recent report" or "Run the report". To prevent it from re-generating the report each time it should be set to to "View most recent report".

I created a dashboard by using an customized RRDI report definition in RTC. I scheduled a job to generate report periodicly.

The problem is every time I refresh the dashboard, the report was regenerated. How can I reuse the pre-generated one?

permanent link
Rubin Zheng (1698) | answered Oct 03 '11, 6:47 p.m.
Thank you!

Yes, the default action is "view most recent report". I tried to use "external URL" in RTC dashboard with the same report(actually it is a report view), it always show the most recent report.

Although you've set-up a schedule, what default action do you have associated with the report in question?

- Find the report in Insight
- Click the set properties link
- Go to the report tab
- Check to see if the default action is "View most recent report" or "Run the report". To prevent it from re-generating the report each time it should be set to to "View most recent report".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.