It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report: how to pass param via call

Jorge Diaz (8664434) | asked Sep 30 '11, 12:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I have created a report template with a parameter to enter the Work Item ID which has the information to be displayed.

Is there any way I can send the parameter in a url parameter? What I want to do is to be able to build dynamically a url with a Work Item ID and navigate to the report to show the detailed information based on that WI ID.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Jorge.

5 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Oct 11 '11, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Makes sense.

This requires that you hardcode either the UUID of the report or the id of the report into your report design. I recommend using the id of the report template. You want to use the viewReport action, and pass the id of the report template, like this:

#action=com.ibm.team.reports.viewReport&reportUUID=my.report.id

And then pass parameterName and parameterValue (each of which can be specified more than once, as long as the order of each matches):

&parameterName=param1&parameterValue=value1&parameterName=param2&parameterValue=value2

One of these vals will be the work item id that you mention in your post.

Hope this helps.

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hi James,

not exactly. The main use case is the following:

- We have built some reports with aggregated and historical information from Work Item

-The report accepts a WI ID as parameter, where we followed https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsParameters

- What we are trying to do is, from a certain Work Item, redirect to this report (to one of the urls you mentioned), but passing the WI ID in the url redirection call so we will have the context information of the WI we were navigating from.

Can we send such kind of parameters in the url call in addition to the report ID to show?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jorge.

Comments
Prakash Behrani commented Nov 12 '14, 8:28 p.m.

Hello,
I have been able to figure out the how to specify correct parameters etc. and able to generate the report using specific URL.
The hurdle I have with scheduling the report generation is that when using the URL, it requires login to ccm prior to report generation.
Any feedback towards resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.

regards,
Prakash

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Oct 06 '11, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

It sounds like you're building some custom Web UI that will link to the Reports Web UI to display this report. If that's the case, then yes, you can do this. Our ReportsView page supports both the com.ibm.team.reports.viewQuery and com.ibm.team.reports.viewReport actions, which you see in URLs like this:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.reports.viewQuery&queryUUID=_dH5hsHREEdywet_K-pGQGw

(viewQuery is for displaying a "Report", while viewReport can be used for displaying a "Report Template", provided you give it enough parameters to display itself).

The easiest way for you to do this is to use viewReport. In either case, you need the UUID of the report to display (or, in the case of viewReport, you can substitute the ID of the report template instead).

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hello,

I have created a report template with a parameter to enter the Work Item ID which has the information to be displayed.

Is there any way I can send the parameter in a url parameter? What I want to do is to be able to build dynamically a url with a Work Item ID and navigate to the report to show the detailed information based on that WI ID.

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Oct 07 '11, 2:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

not exactly. The main use case is the following:

- We have built some reports with aggregated and historical information from Work Item

-The report accepts a WI ID as parameter, where we followed https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsParameters

- What we are trying to do is, from a certain Work Item, redirect to this report (to one of the urls you mentioned), but passing the WI ID in the url redirection call so we will have the context information of the WI we were navigating from.

Can we send such kind of parameters in the url call in addition to the report ID to show?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jorge.

Hi,

It sounds like you're building some custom Web UI that will link to the Reports Web UI to display this report. If that's the case, then yes, you can do this. Our ReportsView page supports both the com.ibm.team.reports.viewQuery and com.ibm.team.reports.viewReport actions, which you see in URLs like this:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.reports.viewQuery&queryUUID=_dH5hsHREEdywet_K-pGQGw

(viewQuery is for displaying a "Report", while viewReport can be used for displaying a "Report Template", provided you give it enough parameters to display itself).

The easiest way for you to do this is to use viewReport. In either case, you need the UUID of the report to display (or, in the case of viewReport, you can substitute the ID of the report template instead).

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Hello,

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
James Cole (9532430) | answered Sep 07 '12, 4:27 a.m.

Did this work? I get an error message saying the parameters are null.

What version of RTC was this tried on?

permanent link
Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | answered May 20 '14, 10:45 a.m.

Hi James Moody and hi all.

I've tried to use the WI_ID as parameter in the report call and it works fine.

But, I'd also like to save the report that I view: when I call it, using for the action "com.ibm.team.reports.viewReport", then I'm only able to save the already old produced Report.

There is the way to view it and save at the same time, when I call the Report by a parameters call?

i.e. I use the following call:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.