It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RESOLVED: Cannot config database using Setup Wizard

Thomas Loeber (62237750) | asked Sep 29 '11, 7:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Running the setup wizard for 3.0.1 I get this error on the Configure Database step ...
Invalid database URL syntax: jdbc:db2://thlrational.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com:50000/JTS:user=db2admin;password={password}. ERRORCODE=-4461, SQLSTATE=42815

I'm using this syntax for the JDBC Location
//thlrational.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com:50000/JTS:user=db2admin;password={password}

I'm running the setup wizard from a different host then the server and db2 is installed on the same host (thlrational.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com) as the JTS server.
Whats wrong with the JDBC Location syntax I'm using.

3 answers

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237750) | answered Sep 29 '11, 7:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Running the setup wizard for 3.0.1 I get this error on the Configure Database step ...
Invalid database URL syntax: jdbc:db2://thlrational.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com:50000/JTS:user=db2admin;password={password}. ERRORCODE=-4461, SQLSTATE=42815

I'm running the setup wizard from a different host then the server and db2 is installed on the same host (thlrational.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com) as the JTS server.

I left off the ending ";". This now works just fine

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Nov 05 '12, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I assume you meant that the problem is that you left off the trailing semi-colon and after adding it, the problem is fixed.

Thomas Loeber commented Nov 05 '12, 5:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That's right Bo. Once I attached the semi-colon all was well. Thanks for asking.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Oct 01 '11, 5:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I left off the ending ";". This now works just fine

Hi Thomas

Interesting, I also had the same problems but fixed it by ADDING a ";"

anthony

permanent link
Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | answered Jan 16 '15, 1:44 p.m.
edited Feb 04 '15, 2:51 p.m.
Tried to rule out a wrong password senario; And tried a different user and it worked. Later realized the password itself has } closing bracket. And because the connection string has {password} looks like it is took the wrong bracket }. In another scenario, password had ; semicolon that conflicts with the delimiter and took the wrong semicolon as a the delimiter.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.