It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"No records returned for report" in req reports

Søren Wassard (161212) | asked Sep 22 '11, 5:20 a.m.
Hi,

I'm getting a frustrating "No records returned for report" in all reports based on requirements,
I'm running RQM 3.0.1 (incl. CCM & RM). Projects are set up as CLM projects, all connected.
I've created plans, cases, scripts, requirements and collections. Have linked between requirements and cases, and collections and plans.
Plans are visible, but when running the report I keep getting "No records returned for report" - any ideas ?

5 answers

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Sep 22 '11, 9:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'm getting a frustrating "No records returned for report" in all reports based on requirements,
I'm running RQM 3.0.1 (incl. CCM & RM). Projects are set up as CLM projects, all connected.
I've created plans, cases, scripts, requirements and collections. Have linked between requirements and cases, and collections and plans.
Plans are visible, but when running the report I keep getting "No records returned for report" - any ideas ?

I assume you are using RRDI for your reports. If so, can you verify that the ETL jobs are running successfully and that data is being loaded into the data warehouse?

Mike Fox (RRDI Architect)

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Sep 22 '11, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello.
Did you check with your admin that the Data Collection tasks of all apps
succeed? Are they set to use the Data Warehouse? Is the data warehouse
connection set to point to the right database?

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rcpr.help.doc/topics/t_preinstallation_tasks.html

Peter.

permanent link
Michael Aldor (6369) | answered Oct 03 '11, 8:21 p.m.
Hi,

Is the report you are finding frustrating the Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case?

To get this report to work:
1) Your test plan must link to 1 requirements collection
2) The collection must have requirements linked to the test cases within the plan
3) The data warehouse jobs on the JTS server and the RQM server must run successfully

I hope this helps.

Cheers

permanent link
RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | answered Aug 05 '14, 12:48 p.m.
Hello
I have the same problem of "no records returned for report" for Requirements reports.
1) My Test plan is linked to 1 requirement collection (from DOORS)
2) The collection has requirements linked to test cases of the plan
3) The Test plan contains TCER with results for the test cases having the requirements linked
3) the data collection jobs are all successful
Is there any log file to check ? There is no error in my qm-etl.log file and INFO traces are not very helpful for me as I don't understand them.
Thank you

permanent link
RAPHAEL BOILLON (379) | answered Aug 07 '14, 11:38 a.m.
Hello
As I found the solution to the problem and the support does not seem to know how reports work I will tell the answer.
Reports that involve requirements are not only relying on data warehouse jobs done in JTS but also on collection on DOORS data into insight.
So it is not enough to launch the ETL jobs to gather QM data into insight, you must also have insight correctly configured to gather DOORS requirements. Once it is done and all the collections are done the error disappear and you have wonderful reports.
Best regards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.