It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area Releases in Java API

Sola Otudeko (4511516) | asked Sep 21 '11, 10:35 a.m.
Hi, Can anyone please help with getting the list of Releases in a project area in the api (client or server). Specifically, I would like to get the build result name (Artifact column) for a Release. Thanks
Sola

2 answers

permanent link
Roger Layani (5313238) | answered Apr 21 '12, 12:49 a.m.
Hi, Can anyone please help with getting the list of Releases in a project area in the api (client or server). Specifically, I would like to get the build result name (Artifact column) for a Release. Thanks
Sola

hi
this is what I did:

List<IDeliverable> deliverables = workItemCommon.findDeliverablesByProjectArea(projectArea, true, IDeliverable.FULL_PROFILE, monitor);

for (IDeliverable deliv : deliverables) {
System.out.println(deliv.getName());
}

Roger

permanent link
Sola Otudeko (4511516) | answered Sep 22 '11, 10:01 a.m.
Sola

It looks like I should have been searching for 'deliverable', so different question now....

for my custom field which lists the release (ie. deliverables), i have this to get the value

--------
IDeliverableHandle deliverableHandle = (IDeliverableHandle) attribute.getValue(auditable, workItem, monitor);
--------

but this returns an IDeliverableHandle. How do I get the actual IDeliverable object (from which I can get its name) with this?

and when I do get the name....

--------
IDeliverable deliverable = (IDeliverable) workItemService.findDeliverableByName(projectAreaHandle, deliverableName, (ItemProfile<IDeliverable>) profile, monitor);
IItemHandle artifact = deliverable.getArtifact();
--------

2nd question....how do i get the artifact name?

*** Actually, the truly ideal solution is if I can do this in javascript and use a calc value customisation. All i want to do is get the build label (artifact) of the selected release and display in a field. Anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks.
Sola

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.