It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User Exits out of RTC (also known as triggers)

Linda Yamaguchi (111) | asked Sep 20 '11, 6:28 p.m.
Hi, is it possible to hook user exits out of RTC? For example, when a certain action in RTC occurs then a script would be called. If so, how can I learn about this and what language can the scripts be written in?

2 answers

permanent link
Sergio Lorente (981711) | answered Oct 13 '11, 5:50 a.m.
Hi,
I also interested in that.
Have u received any suggestion or found any solution?

Hi, is it possible to hook user exits out of RTC? For example, when a certain action in RTC occurs then a script would be called. If so, how can I learn about this and what language can the scripts be written in?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 13 '11, 8:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you can extend RTC on the server (and the client) using Eclipse Java plug ins. Examples are behavior or events. How to do that can be found in the RTC Extension Workshop in the library. there are other examples in the library, on developerworks and in the Team WiKi. The Extending Team Concert forum is where people discuss this topic.

This extension mechanism supports various extension points that allow for example to do something on work item state changes when saving.

There are also some capabilities to customize work item attributes with default value and other providers. There are examples and discussions in the same places mentioned above. the language here would be Java script.

There is for all I know no general trigger concept available that is comparable to for instance Clear Quest.

I am not aware that triggering on logout is something we support with any of these entry points. Event extension points are tied to certain categories such as build and source control. I have not seen a place where you would be able to hook up.

In addition logging out is something that, given web technologies, even might be one of the worst places to work with. There is no guarantee the user logs out. someone could just terminate the browser or other client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.